Round Five...ding!

Thursday marked the beginning of my fifth year teaching.  It is crazy to think that I have done with college for so long.  Time flies when you are having fun.  I spent long hours at work this week, trying to get things done.  Some may be wondering, "Didn't she say earlier in the Summer that her classroom was almost ready?"  Well, teachers can get ready, but just before school starts the amount of "stuff" that needs to be done magically multiplies and when you add little interruptions, then everything piles up.  I feel like my stress level is much lower this year, because I am not trying to manage my classroom, plus helping two new teachers.  I am really excited this year for what will happen, because all our teachers are experienced.

Thursday also marked the end of another masters class.  I am down to three classes and I couldn't be more excited.  I look forward to the day when I don't have to come home from school to go to school.  The plan is to be done in March.  The beginning of the school  will be busy trying to complete the research portion of my masters project.  It should be fun though to see how what I do will affect student learning.

I also had the chance to go to the Provo Temple.  It had been closed for a month to do deep cleaning.  It was great to go back and be able to enjoy the temple atmosphere.  I was glad that I went earlier in the week, because the end of the week was busy with school, work, and move-outs.  Our complex is very empty because most people left.  I think our number attending church was around 30.  In September we get to meet at 12:30.  I am not excited to have so much extra time in the morning.

On Monday we begin the kindergarten testing.  I will have the chance to meet a lot of the new students and hopefully learn some names because I will be seeing all of them in PE.  Have a great week!

Comments