The first full week!

The week was filled with ups and downs.  Again, I am impressed with how quickly my kids are settling into routine.  This year my big goals is targeted assessments.  It is exciting to see how fast the kids pick things up and really are learning.  So, if you ever ask any of my kids what they learned and they say..."I don't know," just give them the eye and ask again.  I will begin formal reading lessons next week, but I have been really impressed with this groups ability to pick basic literacy concepts.  I am hoping that I will be able to get them to go far this year. 

I had another busy week juggling school, work, and my calling.  We had our first activity this week on Saturday.  We only have about 80 people in our ward, but we had a good size number show up.  I think activities will be my least favorite calling, but I still enjoy it.  I managed to fit in a temple visit this week.  I was excited that I was going to be able to slip into the temple and when I got there a Provo stake showed up as well.  It was still great to go, but it was a lot busier than I thought it would be and it took almost three and a half hours from start to finish.

It's a short update, because the normal routine is in full swing.  I will end on a funny note.  We were sitting at the carpet and I looked out at the kids and I made eye contact with one and he winked at me.  I stayed very composed and he winked again.  I stayed composed, but couldn't help looking again and after the third wink I cracked and started to laugh.  I told Tim and he instantly felt threatened, as he should, because this student definitely will give him a run for his money.

Comments