Week one...check!

This week in kindergarten we learned how to say nice words, write our names, letters A-C, share, walk in the classroom, line up and walk quietly in the hall, push in our chairs, say thank you, and be a friend.  In summation, it was quite the week.  It is always so interesting how different my classes are year to year.  It is still early yet, but I think both of my classes will be a little more reserved than they have in years past.  They may still be getting to know one another and I am sure they will warm up more, but I don't feel like they will be the same as past classes.

I have lots of cute personalities between my two classes.  There are only a handful of girls in each classes; we are boy heavy again this year.  That seems to be how it works.  One year we are about even and the next we have a lot more boys than we have girls.  Both my girls and my boys just have nice personalities.  There are a few quirky ones, but that only makes class a that much more interesting.

Besides spending way to much time at work, I tried to fit in some fun things.  One of the things Tim and I did was go to the driving range.  I learned two things from this experience, golf balls hurt when they hit you and I can throw a ball further than I can hit it.  It was an interesting experience that I am glad I had, but I don't think I will making it out to the golf course every week for the rest of my life.

Brian is officially in town for school.  He got to help with the lawn, which was awesome.  He is so fast!  He finished the entire lawn, including edging, in half the time that it takes me.  Slightly jealous, but really happy that I have someone to help!

Perhaps the kids' true colors will start to show next week and I will have a funny story or two to share.

Comments