Why I love working at Central!

While the week was stressful with trying to get kids back into the routine of school and with wedding plans, I was reminded this week why I love working at Central.  For starters, I work with some of the best teachers!  We aren't perfect, but the teachers really do try their hardest to help the kids learn and to create a good environment.  We also have a great principal that is really supportive of teachers and lets us do our "thing."  I also love the fact that I work at a school where there is a large LDS population.  Families are supportive and involved in not only their child's education, but in the school.  I am always amazed at how many moms and dads are in the school all the time.   All of this combined makes the teaching experience positive.

I also loved our professional development.  This week we had Monday off for teachers to meet and have training.  Our principal had us read an article about two explorers heading to the south pole.  One team made it and the other did not.  The success of one was due to his 20 mile march every day.  This was a helpful reminder that success comes as we consistently try our best to do those things we have responsibility.  We all have days where we can't quite make it 20 miles, but we get back up the next day and go for another 20 miles.  It was a nice reminder that as a teacher I am not a failure if every day isn't a complete success and that sometimes I fail at life, what matters is that I get back up and try again.

Along with the above mentioned activities, Tim and I took engagement photos.  It is nice to have that out of the way.  Now we have to knock off the rest of the list!

Comments