One more thing off the list!

It was another busy week with work, school, and wedding planning.  The kids were wild all week.  That was the trend throughout the school.  Whenever the weather can't make up its mind if it's going to be hot or cold, the kids can't make up their minds either, whether them will be calm or crazy.  By Friday everyone was glad for the weekend.  Grades are due this coming week, so I have been assessing the kids.  I am always amazed at how much they learn in such a short time.  In looking at their work, it crazy to think how their little minds absorb everything and start making connections.

My class is in full swing.  This one is about how to work with students who speak another language.  Recently, I discovered that my thinking about students learning a second language is wrong.  Sometimes as teachers we have to take a step back and really check the research to make sure our practices are really the best practices.  I have also discovered that I have senioritis.  I am struggling to get things done and having the drive to do things.  I can tell that I am almost done with my masters.  I just have to hang in their for a coupe more months and I will be all done for a long...long...long time.

Tim and I finished up announcements...Whoot!  Every week there is less and less stress as we complete things on our list of things to do before we get married.  We also registered yesterday at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond.  I had to laugh at Tim, because I would give him something to scan and he would ask if we needed it or what we would use it for.  Boys and girls think every differently!  The whole experience was comical.  The best part was when we were scanning kitchen towels and he could not wrap his brain around how many colors there were, and that the blue was the wrong color of blue (meaning it wasn't BYU blue).

Until next week!

Comments