The first snow!

We had our first snow of the seasons yesterday.  I am so glad it happened on the weekend, because the kids would have gone CRAZY!  There is just something about the snow that gets everyone excited.  It proved to be another busy week.  The kids are calming down a little bit.  They have all be fighting the rules a little just to see what they can get away with.  Unfortunately, that means Miss Kluber has keep them in check, which isn't what I like doing.  I prefer the kids just follow the rules and do what I have already taught them.  Oh well, I guess I can't always have it my way.  I had a funny one this week with one of my students.  She is a very matter of fact little girl that just says what's on her mind.  This week I struggle with a cold.  I half lost my voice (thankfully it wasn't all the way...it makes it kind of hard to teach).  While I was talking during guided reading time, she looks at me and says, "Miss Kluber...your sound isn't working."  I thought it was really funny and that became our little joke for the rest of the week.

My masters class is coming along.  It is hard to believe that I am already half done with it.  Really I just can't wait to be done with everything.  I feel much like I did my senior year in college...ready to be done.  I am not sure what I will do with all my free time.  After having taught for five years I am taking less home than I did before I started my masters.  Who knows...maybe I will read a book for fun.

Wedding planning is coming to an end.  Thanks to the planning of mom, things have been taken care of in a fashion that only she is capable of.  There are only a few things that need to be done on our end and then we just wait until the big day to put is all together.  The only real stress right now is housing.  Tim has sold his contract, but I have yet to sell mine.  We also don't have a place to live yet.  I was reminded frequently this week of why I hate finding housing.  There were several appointments that fell through.  Housing has definitely moved into the top five things I hate dealing with...and I don't even have a full list.  Oh well, Tim keeps saying that we just have to be patient and he is right, but I still would rather have it all taken care of.

Until next week!

Comments