Sick days!

It was another week of finishing things up before the wedding (She is so excited!!!!!-note from Tim).  I feel like I can breathe now and focus on a very important aspect of my life now.  It was a hard week though, because I became very ill.  Last weekend I felt terrible and was running a fever.  Usually when I get sick it feel bad for a day or two, but am still able to function normally.  I had the thought early on that this one was going to be a bad one, meaning the illness.  After the fever broke last weekend I thought I would get better quickly, but I didn't.  I ended up with some pretty terrible coughing episodes and very drained of energy, which makes it hard to teach five year olds.  On Wednesday the principle came in and took one look at me and asked why I was there, to which I had no answer.  So, I took a half day off and after a long nap did not feel any better, so I decided to go to the doctor.  It had been years since I had been to the doctor, like more than seven, so I just chose a place and went.  My diagnosis was bronchitis, and he was concerned that it might turn into something worse, so he put me on antibiotics.  I do love modern medicine.  I took my first dose and a four hour nap and felt like a new person.

It was a very interesting experience missing work.  In my five years teaching, I have never missed a day for being sick.  I can definitely say that I would rather be with my kids on one of their crazy days than being home sick.  I ended up with too much free time and sleeping most of the day.  Though I am sure my body did need some extra sleep.

Despite the set back, I was able to move my things into our new apartment.  The move didn't go quite as planned, because the tenant before us was quite moved out when she said that she would, so I haven't been able to find a home for everything.  That is the task for Monday.  There are some other things that need to be done as well, like finding a mattress.  Hopefully, we can get these things done quickly, because the time is fast approaching when we will be out of time.

The fun for the week was on Saturday.  Tim's little brother got married.  The day was spent at the sealing, which was very nice, the lunch, and then the reception.  It was a full day.  I was able to meet the rest of Tim's family.  I hadn't met some of his brothers and his dad.  It is interesting how people can be so similar, yet so different when they grew up in the same family.

It's hard to believe, but next week I will be married.  I am thinking that I need to change the name of my blog...any ideas?

Comments

Parental Units said…
Mom - Mrs. Whinney Side Up.
Dad - (Forthcoming when he thinks of it.)