Made it!

It was one of those crazy weeks where every was happening...all of it good.  This week I spent most of the week meeting with parents.  It is always a little hard to get going because you know how much extra time it will take, but after you get going it is a lot of fun.  It is nice to meet with parents and show them how much their child has learned.  One of the perks I am noticing after five years of teaching is that after I ask if parents have any questions, and they respond with a question of what they can do to help their child...I can give intelligent answers!  Not that I didn't before, but I feel more secure in explaining strategies and techniques parents can use at home.  It was a little sad, because Tim and I didn't sit down for dinner together until Friday night.

On Monday we had family home evening with another family in the ward.  It was a lot of fun to talk with adults and play with their boys.  They have twin boys that are almost a year old.  We have been trying hard to meet people in our ward, but because we are sharing our ward building with three other wards and the building is really small, we get pushed out quickly from each block and there isn't a lot of time to talk.  By the time church is over everyone is ready to go home because the kids are hungry because it is almost dinner.  It was a fun way to make friends.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I did not get home until late, so Tim just studied.  We were pretty lucky that the weather did not turn off bad.  We were expecting snow for most of the week, but it was warm enough that it only rained.  I was really grateful, because bad weather makes for a stressful commute.

Friday was a typical Friday, I was exhausted and got home a little later.  We opted to stay in and eat dinner together and then we watched a movie.  Saturday was busy, with attending the temple, homework, house cleaning, and I went and visited with Carolyn.  We usually try to get together once a week and just chat about life.  It is kind of hard now that we do not see each other every day.

That evening Tim and I went to a BYU basketball game.  I have been to football, volleyball, soccer (lots of soccer with Tim), and rugby, I figured it would be good to say that I have been to a basketball game too.  We were rather high up, but that was fine, because it was still a good view of the whole court.  I think one of the major turnoffs for me in attending sporting events is how loud it gets.  I have come to the conclusion that I do not like loud events.  Sporting events that are smaller and not as loud are just fine.

So....below are some pictures from the wedding.  Enjoy!










Comments

Stephanie said…
Nice pictures! I am glad you guys are doing well!