Another week gone by!

The week began with me thinking that it would be relatively easy week.  It was only a four day week, because we had teacher meetings on Monday.  I knew that I would have extra time to work, so I figured I would be ahead for the week.  I should never think things like that.

I was able to leave by 4 pm on Monday, which never happens.  When I got home, I decided to do laundry and go running.  In three short hours, I finished up laundry, went running, and made dinner.  I was feeling pretty good.  By Tuesday after school I realized there was a lot more that needed to be done with planning.  We have a field trip coming up next week to the all new Living Planet Aquarium.  It is huge and has a lot more animals.  The other one was a lot of fun, but it was cramped.  I finally tracked down the person in charge of field trips and found out what we needed to do for that and got the balling rolling.  Then we realized that Kinder Fair is coming up.  That is where we invite all incoming parents to come in and we talk about what their children should know before coming to school and then we have some activities for the kids to do.  It is a lot of work, but fun to help parents understand that they really do need to be working with their kids and to help them know what they should be doing.  There were several other things that came up that required time, so I ended up staying later than I had hoped most of the week.

Staying late and doing "stuff" doesn't really bother me, but I will tell you what did bother me.  I received an email saying that I forgot to submit a paper for my masters portfolio.  When I received the email, I thought to myself, "Hmm...I didn't even know there was one."  So, I quickly wrote the paper and submitted it.  I am still waiting to hear back that all is well with that and hopefully I will officially receive the paperwork for my masters by the beginning of April.

Poor Tim was sick for most of the week.  He escaped most of my diseases, but got hammered first with the stomach flu and then a cold.  This is the first weekend in almost a month that neither of us have been sick.  It was great!  He continues to fill his days with studying for the MCAT.  There is now a countdown on our wall of days until MCAT, application submissions, and letters of recommendations.  The more I get excited for Summer break the more nervous he gets, because he is running out of time to study.  I think everything will be just fine and that a little worry is good thing, because it keeps him on his toes.

I am not sure if you were aware, but Friday was Pi day (the mathematical 3.14 day).  We celebrated with apple pie and ice cream.  Usually by Fridays I am exhausted from running around all week that I don't feel like doing much, so power-walked to Smith's and got our ice cream.  The weather was so nice and we figured we could make it to the store and back before the pie was done.  We were only a little late, but it all turned out okay.

On Saturday we went to the temple and had the experience of being the witness couple.  It was fun and gives a different perspective on life and what the covenants we make mean.  Tim has also decided that he needs to improve his Spanish to make himself more marketable.  He has signed up to be an interpreter and he has started to attend an hour of church with the Spanish ward in our Stake.  We have a very multi-cultural stake.  We have not only the English speaking wards, but an American Indian, American Sign, Spanish, and I think we also have a Polynesian ward.  I opted to stay home to write and read.  A little peace and quiet is nice.

Today we will be going to a friends house for dinner.  I should be fun to catch up with them.  It seems we are getting dinner invitations a lot, which means that I am making a lot of desserts.  It's good practice because I usually cook and not bake.  Speaking of baking.  This week I made breadsticks for the first time.  They turned out to be really tasty.

Hopefully things will be a little more calm this coming week, but I am not sure how calm it will be because Lenny the Leprechaun is coming to the classroom on Monday, which always leads to mayhem!

Comments