Free at last!

This week marked the end of my master's classes.  I turned in the last of my portfolio, so there are no more papers, assignments, or research projects calling my name.  It hasn't settled in yet, because I usually have a week off between classes, so as the weeks roll by and no assignments appear, it will settle in.

The week was really busy.  It is hard to believe that February is gone and March is here.  It has gone so fast, and before I know it the end of the school year will be over.  We finished up grades this week.  Which means we only have one more round and then it is the end of the year.  I spent several hours after school working on getting the grades in the computer, because the weekend was going to busy and I wanted to make sure that I had then put in.  I am always afraid that I will be "that teacher" the principle has to track down because they didn't turn in their grades.

I did visiting teaching this week.  Two of my sisters are proving to be a challenge.  I feel like I have entered the be leagues now because they are master avoiders.  It is a little frustrating, but a good lesson in persistence and following the spirit to know what to do.  Tim and I had dinner this week with some friends on Friday.  It was nice to catch up with them and hear about their lives.  They are applying to grad schools and last year things did not work in their favor, but this year things are looking fantastic and they are very happy with their options.  It is always nice to see how peoples' lives work out for the best.

We also went to a "Cheese and Chatter" party.  One of Tim's friends does a cheese themed party every year and invites tons of people over.  I had never been to a themed party like that, so it was fun to get to know some different people.  I do feel much older, because I am sure most of them were in the early 20's and I realized that I am rounding the corner to 27 in like two months.  Oh how the years fly by.

Other than sporting yet another cold and Tim studying for hours and hours, that was our week.  I am posting pictures below of our St.George adventure.

 I was pretty sure I was going to die at this point. It looks like a small stream below, but it actually six or more feet deep.
 We had to do some off roading to avoid the waters.
 Inside the volcano tube
 The whole we had to go down in get into the tube.
 Slot Canyon that you couldn't take a full breathe.
The gang at dinner.

Comments