Three is the magic number this week!

I realized this week that there is only three months until  school is out.  The year has flown by and with how nice the weather has been, I think we all will be very ready by the end  of school because the kiddos have Spring fever already.  We are also getting down to crunch time for our Spring testing.  It seems just like we did our testing, but we have about two months worth to do.  We will administer the reading assessment and then we will jump into the literacy post assessment.  We are lucky this year that we will not be administering two of our normal assessments.

In other big news.  I finally finished up the last of the name changes.  Last week I finally got my social security card and driver's license.  It only took almost two months to sort out the social security card and it just took forever for the driver's license.  I had a meeting at the district office on Friday, so I swung by HR and changed everything.  It was a nice feeling to have everything sorted out.

Having finally finished my masters I have taken up reading and running again.  I finished two stories and went running two times.  I wish I had completed three of each, but I will live with two.  On the other hand I was also sick for the third time this year.  I have had a head cold twice, and this week was time number two, and the stomach flu.  We have been talking a lot at school about how much more serious the sicknesses seem to be.  In my class I have had some of the weirdest sickness that are very uncommon.  I was talking with a friend who works in the nursery and she said they have had a couple of kids with typhoid, which is really odd.  Unfortunately, Tim's health luck has run out.  He got the stomach flu on Friday and has been fighting that and a cold all weekend.

Some unexpected things of the week.  Tim and I realized that we are very ill-prepared to watch kids in our apartment.  My visiting teaching companion was really sick this week and so we took her daughter for a little bit.  We got back to the apartment and I realized that I am not at my parents house with toys and a yard to play in.  Thank goodness I had a movie, so we had dinner, watched a movie and ate popcorn.  She had never made popcorn on the stove, so I showed her how.  Because Tim was sick, I was able to go to the temple with Carolyn.  It has been a long time since we had been able to go together.  We also got new phones.  Tim's phone has been completely dead for a week and mine has been having trouble.  We decided to go with a different plan that will hopefully save us a lot of money in the end.  We are now in the process of canceling our old phone plans and transferring everything over.

Probably the best news of the week was when I discovered that we have windows that actually open.  Most of our blinds do not work, so we just leave them closed.  I never thought to look on the other side, but discovered that they do in fact open, so I aired out the apartment to get some of the disease out...hopefully.

Until next week!

Comments