And so begins the downhill slide...

I successfully made it through the week.  There were a few moments where I was in serious concern of boredom, but I made it!  It is hard to believe that we only have seven weeks left of school.  April is almost over and May is all that is left, because we are done at the end of May.  I will be teaching Summer school so I won't technically be done until July, but I won't have the load that I usually do.  I was thinking this week that it is probably a good thing that I will be teaching Summer school, because I would probably get really bored.

We have some case-lot sales going on, so I spent a lot of time on Monday shopping around.  We are quickly running out of room in our storage room.  On the plus side I have almost all the ingredients I need to make Tim's lunch barritos that he loves so much.  I also rearranged the apartment.  After we found our mold problem, we made some piles that did not have a home.  I found  a home for everything and reorganized a few areas to make it easier for me to clean every week.

I set up a play date with my visiting teaching companion's daughter.  I she eight and on Spring break as well.  She came over and we made muffins for Tim and then we took them up to campus.  It was very fun.  On our walk up we saw Princess Aurora and she was all about talking with the princess.  It was humorous.  Only on BYU campus.  We ate lunch with Tim and then I took her home.  I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up and reading.  I have been working on Pride and Prejudice and had a goal to finish that book and one other over the break.  I think I will finish the all by the end of today.

Wednesday, Carolyn and I went to the temple and did sealings.  With all the missionaries going in and out of the temple two females together automatically equates to sister missionaries.  We were mistaken again for sister missionaries.  I guess it is a good thing, because even though we are closer to 30 than 20, we still look young enough to be missionaries age.  I took a break from running, because I planned to meet Carolyn on Thursday and do a long run.  It is hard work getting back into the swing of running.

Thursday morning at 7:15 am I headed out the door to go running and we went about 30 minutes without stopping.  That is the longest I have run yet.  Hopefully it will only get easier from here on out.  I did lots of reading and decided to bake cookies, because I was bored.  I realized that staying busy is also good for our health!  Tim had a closing social for the pre-med club.  It was a dinner with President Samuelson.  The dinner was very nice.  President Samuelson spoke on being an LDS physician.  He emphasized the need for them to stick to their principles and don't be swayed by others.  He said they have a potential to do great things and to help others, but it can only be done through honestly, integrity, and covenant keeping.  I thought it wise council.

I had planned on watching twins on Friday while there parents were packing and cleaning for their move.  I got a call saying they had hand, foot, and mouth and would not be coming down.  Instead, I spent most of the day cleaning and helping them.  We ended up doing dinner with them and going to senior night at BYU.  They have food, games, and give-aways for all the graduating seniors.  It was fun, but after cleaning for so long I was tired.  I forgot to mention that we have not heard from the adviser.  We are waiting to hear from her to see what our fate is.

Saturday I went and helped with the loading and final cleaning of the apartment.  I came home and cleaned our place and made a treat to take to a mission reunion.  I had never been to a mission reunion, so it was an interesting experience.  I was introduced a lot and told several times that they were glad Tim was married, because they worried that he might never get married.  It was funny to watch Tim squirm a bit.

I have a meeting with a bishopric member to get a calling today.  I am excited to see what it is.  I am hoping it is nursery or sunbeams.  We will have to wait and see.  Next week will be an easy week, because I will take a sub day to do testing and on Friday we will have our Easter party.  Easy week!

Comments