Spring Break

I realized on Friday on my way home that I did not have a plan for what I was going to do over Spring break.  I have been looking forward to it for a couple of months and now I don't have a plan.  But, no worries, even if I have to enjoy myself starring at the ceiling...I will.  :)

The week was rather uneventful, more of the usual, crazy kids ready for a break, sick kids coughing all over me, and breaking up fights.  We did start testing.  From now until the end of the year will basically be testing for our kids.  In both my classes a good chunk have been tested and I couldn't be more proud of them.  I try to prepare them so they aren't nervous and this year they are calling after the teachers asking when it will be there turn.  I am also getting better at accepting scores.  I know I have worked hard with them and the progress they have made is what they will make.  So, I don't really worry about it and let the kids have fun reading to those who will teach them next year.  They are really ready for first grade.

Tim continues to work on his personal statement.  He is finding it difficult to write a quality statement.  I can't really do anything except for praying that he will figure it out, so that is what I do.  He also studies for the MCAT.  We discovered that no matter what he will be graduating in August.  BYU likes to get students out and Tim has a lot (and by a lot...I mean A LOT!)  of credits and needs to graduate.  They are very accommodating in working with him...but he could graduate in April or August.  The one nice thing is that he will be able to work more hours to save money.

The weekend was busy.  We had dinner with my visiting teaching companion and her family.  It was fun to get to know them a little better.  On Saturday we were invited to breakfast and conference at some friends.  Unfortunately they are moving.  I feel like we have been able to connect with them the most and I love their nine month old twin boys.  They are so much fun to play with.  In between session we helped to put boxes in the back of a truck.  I came in handy all the moves I had done as a kid.  I really felt for them, because it was overwhelming, but it was really nice to see them work together when problems came up and be flexible.

Conference has been wonderful.  As always there are lots of personal themes in conference, but I feel like a big one is discipleship through thick and thin and loving those we are around.  I always makes me curious to see what will happen in the world after conference.  Our leaders really know what they are talking about.

Any who...wish me luck in staying busy!

Comments