Another week down!

It was another very busy week.  May is always the hardest with everything coming to an end at school and life changes for friends and family.  The weather was cold and rainy all week, so that did not help with the kids wanting to be outside.  I spent a lot of time this week testing students again.  I am almost done with this set of testing.  It began on Tuesday, so I spent the better part of the week checking to make sure students have maintained their learning in literacy.  Carolyn and I got together on Tuesday as well and made pizza.  Tim did a fantastic job of making the dough and we celebrated the end of school for her.  She finished her masters in library science.  There are some really great opportunities for her coming up and I am hoping for the best.  It was also the day we found out that Papa John's was giving free pizza to teachers for teacher appreciation.  Of course we took advantage of that awesomeness!

This was also the second week we had chicks in the classroom.  It was amazing to see them grow and develop and know exactly what they need to do, without the assistance of a mother hen.  There was one in particular that I became attached to, because she wasn't doing well.  She is the smallest of the bunch and just wasn't eating the best.  I am hoping she will do well with the family and survive.  I decided that though I would love to live on a farm or ranch, I probably couldn't handle it, because of getting attached too much and then getting sad when they are sick.

We also made it to the temple.  It has been hard for the both of us to get there at the same time, so changing the day we go has helped.  The temple is always an enjoyable experience.  There is a rumor going around that the temple will be looking for volunteers to work in the temple laundry, because they are so short on help.  I am hoping the rumor comes true, because I would get to check something off my bucket list, kind of.  I wanted to retire in the temple laundry folding towels that way I won't have to worry about memorizing things and messing up and it would be great therapy.

Thursday was our big kindergarten art festival.  We had a great time setting things up and then meeting with the kids and their parents to show off their work.  It was a late night, but worth it.








Friday was another busy day.  We had interviews before and after school and I began mowing at Holly's again.  It is nice to be back and working in the yard again.  Saturday was busy as well.  I started off with a meeting for Primary.  It was really well done and I enjoyed listening to the training.  We also had a going away party for some friends that are leaving at the end of this month.  It was a lot of fun to cook and eat with each other and catch up.  One perk to being married is now we can be on call for friends who need their children watched when mom goes into labor.  We were asked and we are very excited for the call.  Sunday has been good as well.  I was able to go to the homecoming of my adopted brother.  It is amazing to see the growth of individuals as they come home from serving missions.  He was a great kids before, but now he just seems to be on fire.

Comments