Just another week...with some added perks!

As we discussed what to title this weeks blog we tossed around the idea of 9 more days of school or two and a half weeks until the MCAT.  Every day is a countdown for us until we have a little more freedom.  But, I am sure something else will come up to eat up our time.  That is the way life goes.

Things are winding down at school.  I have almost finished all my assessing for the year.  Next week I will finish them and then begin my summer cleaning list.  Every year I choose an area of my classroom to go through and organize.  This summer is my filing cabinets.  After five years of teaching it is time to weed out things that I haven't used in five years!  The kids are crazy, but that is the way things are.  Everyone is done.

Tim continues to work on all of his medical school "stuff".  He divides his time between applications, MCAT study, and his personal statement.  He is getting more excited the closer he gets to taking the MCAT and turning in his applications.  It is becoming more real.

Thursday was my birthday and Tim did a great job of spoiling me.  He made me breakfast in the morning and we went out to dinner and used one of our gift cards.  He also gave me a bag of my favorite mints and my personal favorite was my favorite ice cream with a note attached stating that "this ice cream has a magic spell on it that does not allow husbands to eat it without permission."  I thought it was really funny, because he has a particular predilection for all types of ice cream.

Friday we went over to some friends to watch the newest Hobbit.  It was a long movie, but we enjoyed it and spending time with friends.  We are so busy that we don't have much time for socializing.  Saturday was a day of errands and yard work.  We started off with Tim getting a haircut.  I have officially started taking care of Holly's yard again.  It was nice to get my hands in the dirt again.  I worked on the flower beds, mowing, and planted some in the garden.  The whole process took several hours, and I have a lovely tan to prove it. Tim also did lots of studying.

That evening we decided to do some experimenting with baking.  We recently had some bread sticks from the Pizza Factory.  They are super tasty and baked on a stick.  We obviously could not do things exactly, but this was the result for the first attempt.
Tim thought they were tasty, so I guess I will keep trying to get it right.

I get to teach and conduct in sharing time today.  I have never conducted before, so that will be a new experience.  I have done a lot of teaching and I am excited for it.  Hopefully I can keep Jr. and Sr. primary engaged.

Until next week!

Comments