My car is really smart...perhaps smarter than me!

It was another busy week full of action.  We started off the week with our school end of year fun run to raise money for the PTA.  Tim and I did the mini marathon which is 2.61 miles.  It was great weather and the kids had a blast.  It was so fun to see them running their little hearts out. I heard numerous accounts of kids darting off without their parents.  I know of three kids that got to ride in a cop car.  Thank goodness it was in Pleasant Grove Utah.

Tuesday was a long day with the kids.  At the end of the year teachers just fight a losing battle with Summer.  The kids are so excited for it that we have a hard time getting them to follow the rules.  After school I headed home early to do some visiting teaching.  I would like to place blame on the car that caught of fire and blocked five lanes of traffic, but I just felt bad for the person, so I own up to my own stupidity.  Once I realized that I was not going get on the freeway any time soon, I pulled out and went on an adventure.  So, what is normally a 22 minute drive became an hour as I tried to bypass all the craziness.  I rushed to pick up by companion and find our new sister.  We stopped at a place we thought was hers and decided to just check fast to see if the address with in the complex.  As I was walking away from the car I heard a humming noise and had a sinking feeling.  I quickly checked for my car keys and realized that I had locked the keys in the car with it still running.  My companion went off to find our sister and I sent out an S.O.S. to Tim.  My hero of a husband left campus quickly to come rescue me with the spare key.  After sitting on the curb getting frustrated for 10 minutes, I just got up and pulled the handle on the door and it opened.  I quickly canceled the S.O.S. and said a silent prayer for a car that is smarter then I am.  Upon further experimentation, it was discovered that while the keys are in the ignition the car will automatically unlock the car if you try to lock it.  There is an saying that goes technology is only as smart as its user, well I think we have reached the point where that no longer applies.

We made it to the temple this week.  Our stake is in charge of helping at the temple laundry in June.  We are signed up to help and I am so pumped to help.  The rest of the week was filled with studying, working on applications, putting grades in the computer for the last time, and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Friday was the last official academic day.  Next week I will have all of my students for three hours and then send them home.  We will be doing fun activities between the last week events at school.  I am most excited for the dance festival.  The kids have been working so hard on the dance and they look so cute.  Our weekend consisted of watching Monuments Men, which was actually pretty funny, studying more, cleaning, yard work, and a fun date to Sonic.  We had coupons for 2 free slushies.  So, we ran there and then walked home with our prize.

Sunday has been busy.  I found out that I needed to teach sharing time again and find substitutes for a class.  Tim did some marathon home teaching and was able to visit several of this families.  Hopefully, the rest of the day is more calm.  On the bright side, it's a long weekend!

Comments