Finished...kind of.

The last week of school has come and gone.  Monday was a holiday, so no school Tim and I went to the movies with some friends and he studied as much as he could.  Tim pretty much spent the rest of the week studying.  He is finding it increasingly more difficult to focus.  He has been through all the material two times and is just ready to take the exam.  The official date and time is next Thursday at 1:00 pm.

My week was exhausting every morning, because I had both classes at the same time.  We had our dance festival practice and then the actual dance festival and my personal favorite...field day.  As the PE teacher I am unofficially put in charge of all physical activities.  It was a lot of fun and we had the perfect weather for it.  It was slightly overcast with a slight breeze.  I spent each of my afternoons working on things in my classroom.  I made it through both of my filing cabinets and through my books.  I dumped two bins of recycling and pulled out quite a few books that I had multiple copies for.  I also cleaned up the PE closet, which wasn't too bad.  I have tried to keep up on it throughout the year, so I just needed to pull out bad equipment and store things for the summer.

The last day of school was on Friday.  The kids only come for an hour and a half.  Then the teachers have lunch together and say good-bye.  It is always kind of funny because we always have district meetings we have to go to on Monday, so we aren't actually leaving for the summer.  This year I will also be teaching summer school, so technically I still have another month of school.

This weekend we decided to clean out Tim's car.  We made it apart of our weekend date.  It was actually really fun.  We cleaned the windows and dusted the interior on Friday.  We went to the mall and got free breadsticks afterwards.  Saturday we went to explore the testing center that he will need to get to next week.  They actually let us in and Tim got to ask all kinds of questions.  He was super pumped leaving and excited for the test.  We were going to get more breadsticks, but found out that that store was closed, so we continued on and made it to a gas station with cheap vacuum services.  It took a long time to clean the floors, but I have to say his car does look good.

Next week we will be kept plenty busy between tests, working, family coming in, and Stake Conference.  I am very excited!

Comments