One word...domesticity!

Being domestic was the name of the game this week. With two and a half weeks left of freedom there were a few things that needed to get done on my Summer list before the time ran out.  So I began with a little of this..
 I used up three different white balls of yarn that I had and ended up with a nice sized baby blanket.  Next week I will begin working on the last blanket that I wanted to make.  Then I went to some of this...

 We officially moved back into our ward building.  It was not cleaned or organized, so I went in and cleaned chairs, walls, baseboards, and all other primary furniture.  It also included moving 35 chairs from one building to another, it went a lot smoother with Tim's help.  The culminating project was the bulletin board.  It needed to be done, because we hadn't been in our building since last year.  I decided to go simple(thanks to pinterest) and this is how it turned out.  I ended with more of this...

I went and took care of the yard.  I have been working all summer at keeping the weeds away and I have to say yard work is so much easier when you use chemicals.  I also have been working on killing some grass so I can put in decorative brick edging.  I put down half of them and next week will come the rest of them.  There were more apples ready so I picked some and made more freezer applesauce.  We celebrated more applesauce with making pancakes and putting some on top!  

Other domestic activities included making dinner, cleaning the car inside and out, cutting hair twice, baking a pie (the freezer kind, I wasn't that domestic), cleaning, and doing laundry.    

Tim had his second full week of work.  Thankfully things are starting to pick up.  He took a Spanish test this week to see if he would be able to move to the Spanish team, which also means a pay increase.   We should find out early next week if he passed.  He has also been playing soccer in the evenings with a young man in the ward.  Afterwards we have been going running.  It is a lot easier to go running in the evening when Tim is away and being active.  

On Pioneer Day he had to work, but when he got home we went to a small gathering with some couples in our ward and had a BBQ.  It was nice to get to know more people in the ward.  I feel that I am very secluded in the Primary and only know a select few people and if you aren't in the Primary, I am out of luck.  
Yesterday, I discovered that Tim had never seen the Sound of Music.  I quickly remedied that by checking it out at the library.  Unfortunately, it was the new version, which is not as good as the old version.  So, we will be checking out the old version and watching it.  He has been humming different songs all morning, much to his chagrin.  

Comments