Beginnings and Endings!

Monday kicked off the beginning of the school year.  The kinder teachers got together to send out our letters that assign our students times to come in for testing.  We are down in numbers this year and are looking at about 20 kids per class.  I am excited about it, because the more kids you have the harder it gets to teach.  Tim and I also began our carpool.  We have started driving together, because we have about the same work schedule.  So far, so good.  

Tuesday I stayed at home and worked on some final projects.  It was my last official day of freedom.  I began the day with a tea party...Mormon style.  One of of the women I work with in primary invited around 20 kids to come and have a tea party.  They had treats (the coolest one was a watermelon cake, made with actual watermelon) and punch and a real princess came to the party, which was a big hit.  I was one of the only ones there without any kids, but it was fun to help and talk with adults.  I also spent time with Carolyn and helped her pack.  She is moving out of her current apartment into another one.  That put the count of how many people I helped to move this summer at four.  I ended the day with shots.  I needed to get my shots updated.  It had been a long time since I had a shot and I was surprised that how little the shot hurt; I guess it was all in my head.  Tim played soccer with a young man in the ward and then we went running.

I went into school on Wednesday to do some interviews for helpers in kinder.  We were able to find some really solid people.  I ran out of things to do, so I helped the office move books from the old library shelves to the new library shelves and then I crocheted until it was time to pick up Tim.  We made it to the temple very early.  Tim spent the rest of the evening working on his talk for Sunday.  We was asked to speak the the high counselor.  

Thursday was the first official day that we had to be at school.  So, we both spent all day at work.  On the way home I received a call from my visiting teaching companion.  She had fallen on hard times and was calling to tell me that she and her family were moving to Nevada on Friday.  Very unexpected and the end of a great companionship and a friendship (that isn't long distance).  

Friday after work we went to Holly's and worked on her yard.  Tim helped and it went faster.  Well, it took the same amount of time, but a lot more was completed.  That evening I decided to make pretzel twists.  They were the last thing on my summer cooking list and they turned out great.  I was surprised at how much they actually tasted like pretzels.  I also received 26 unwanted mosquito bites when we went to say our personal good-byes to my visiting teaching companion.

Saturday we went and helped them pack up and clean, which brings the total now to five people.  After that we came home to did house work and planned a movie outing with Stephen and Jessica (Tim's brother).  After that experience I am pretty set on never planning an activity again, because it seems that when we do the planning, things get canceled, it rains like crazy, or we have a high stress experience.  Allow me to explain.  

We made it to the movies, but the line was super long and we were ten minutes late for our movie.  When we got in both Tim and I were really confused, because we jumped in at a part that seemed to be a lot further in.  Well, it just so happened that we did jump in a lot further in, because we went to the wrong room and missed more than half the movie.  After a good laugh, Tim discovered that he was missing his car keys.  He went back to look where we were sitting, and I went to the car to look, because it happens a lot that his keys fall out of his pocket.  It would have been fine if he had locked them in the car, because I had mine, but I had a little surprise when I went to look.  I heard the car running.  Tim had forgotten to turn off the car.  

Now some of you may be thinking...How can you do that?  Well, it is easier than you think.  I have forgotten twice now, but realized almost immediately.  The worst feature about the car is that the engine is so quiet.  You park and is sounds like the engine is off.  If your mind is occupied with other things you forget, because normally the engine to loud and reminds you to not be a dork.  

But hey...it was a blessing that we only saw about thirty minutes of the movie.  

The car was okay and we were okay that is until we were almost ready to drop them off at their house when we came on a two-way stop and a lady seemed to think it was a four-way and gunned it and almost hit us when we had the right of way.  Then not a minute later a lovely jeep pulled out of his parallel parking spot where he was illegally parked and almost hit us.  After that I was ready to go home and hide under my pillow so nothing bad could happen.  

Much later in the evening I was looking up recipes to cook in the up coming weeks and came across some fun ones.  It was Tim's fault that we ended up making a treat after we have been so good for the last two weeks.  He happened to see a picture of peanut butter bites.  I was going to be good and save the recipe for a later date, but then Tim suggested that we make a smaller batch.  So, we took a two hour recipe and did it in five minutes.  We didn't melt the chocolate all the way, but we were able to dip the bottoms.  Tim decided to decorate the tops and I will let you guess which one he made for himself.


After a traumatizing Saturday, we made it to Sunday.  All I have to say is thank goodness! 

Comments