The Last Week!

This last week is my last week of freedom.  I did spend some time at school, but it wasn't mandatory, that comes this coming week.  On Monday I went into my classroom and worked on lesson plans for the first week of school.  I also had my hair cut, because of school times I have to wait until breaks to have it done.  We also attempted an outdoor movie.  Provo does outdoor movies in the park in August.  We have had some crazy weather recently and just as we were getting there the storm came in and it was crazy.  Provo usually doesn't have those kinds of storms, but in the last month or so we have had several of them.  So, that was canceled

Tuesday I went into school again, but not before getting Tim taken care of on insurance.  I am so glad that everything is officially done.  I also went to my first pampered chef party and saw some really great kitchen tools.  It's a good thing my mom taught me the proper way to window shop...you don't by anything.  I would have spent a lot of money had I not learned that.  Tim had an interview with a company.  He found out later in the week that he didn't get the job, which is okay, because he was considering not taking the position if it was offered to him.

Wednesday was a slow day, but I did celebrate Carolyn's Birthday with her.  Usually we make tons of cupcakes and have people over and eat too much sugar, but we are trying to be healthier in our old age, so we opted for the slightly more expensive option, but healthier in the long run.  I ran into an old friend who was a baker at a cupcake shop, which sparked the idea of getting a fancy delicious cupcake each instead of eating a dozen over the next week.  It was fun to just sit and munch and talk.

Thursday was the temple.  We were sitting there waiting for our session to begin and I leaned over to Tim and mention that I had never seen it so busy on a Wednesday.  Usually, Wednesday is the best day to go.  Tim smiled and said it's Thursday.  There was a good reason for it being busy, because we were going on Thursday, which is the busiest day.

Friday was busy.  I went to school and Tim went to work.  I only put in a few hours before leaving for yard work.  I got home just in time, to clean up and get ready to go to Seven Peaks.  It's a water park in Provo that is really fun.  We picked a great time in the evening to go, because most families had left to go eat dinner, so the lines weren't too bad.  Afterwards we went to a new ice cream shop that doesn't custard and Italian ice, which is more like shaved ice, but tastier.

Saturday was busy as well.  We went to clean the chapel, which took forever.  Our building is much bigger than the one we were at during renovations.  I cleaned all the primary rooms well, because I am not sure they like hauling vacuums upstairs.  We also got an oil change for both cars, walked the farmer's market, cleaned, did laundry, and caught a dollar movie.

Busy great week.  Next week we will be getting back into the school routine.  Exciting!

Comments