Medical School!

It was a big week for us.  We both went to work together and then came home and worked on medical school preparations.  By Wednesday evening he was all ready to go.  Because he was leaving  on Thursday we switched up our Temple and date night schedule.  Tuesday we went to the temple right after work and then to Taco Tuesday.  You get three tacos for a dollar.  It was definitely the cheapest meal I have ever had.  Previously, I had not been to a Taco Tuesday, but now I am a fan.

Thursday my bachelorette life began at approximately 6:15 am.  Tim took the frontrunner, which is the local public train system, up to the airport.  He was really nervous to do it because he had never done it before.  I received a text at work saying that he had safely arrived.  He made it to Texas and was able to meet up with the person he was staying with.  Tim said he and his wife were very accommodating and answered a lot of his questions.

Thursday was also the first BYU home game, which means traffic is crazy starting two hours before the game.  I managed to leave work very early and make my case lot sale run before the bad traffic started.  I was able to purchase things that should last us until next summer or when we leave.  I was very proud that I spent less than $100, which included two cases of peanut butter.
Tim's interview day began at 8 am with breakfast.  His interviews were set for the morning, so he was done by noon.  I said that he was glad that he did not have to wait until the afternoon like some individuals did.  He spent the rest of his day touring around campus.  His parents picked him up in Houston and he spent the rest of the weekend with his family.

Friday, I battle kids.  The weather was really nice and this was our first full week.  The were very energetic and not wanting to be at school.  We made it through the day and they ran out the door to freedom.  I went home and made salsa and got the full update from Tim.  He also told me that it won't be until February until he hears back if he as made it in.  There is this really confusing matching system the residents have to go through.  Carolyn and I got together and watched Sabrina (the old version with Audrey Hepburn).  It was very humorous.

Saturday was a cooking day for me.  I baked a batch of pretzels and muffins.  I had my first in cooking.  I put the muffins in to cook and as I went by to check an see if they were done, I realized that I put the oven on broil instead of bake.  Needless to say I panicked and watched very carefully until they were finished.  I also spent a couple of hours working on a blanket.  Tim spent nine hours helping his dad put in a new fence.  He said he was very tired.  

Saturday evening we had our adult session for Regional Conference.  They talked again about hastening the work, which is the topic for everyone, but I felt they all ended up focusing in a specific direction.  The impression I got was that in order to be successful in family history, missionary, and serving, one must fill their life with Christ, the gospel, and all things good.  Each talk seemed to emphasize this.  I really liked what our Stake President said.  He talked about how the members of our stake are feeling overwhelmed by school, work, finances, and family.  Our stake struggles a lot with all of these things as we are the poorest stake in the Valley.  He said we are given power to do those things asked of us (read and pray, attend the temple, do family history, indexing, home and visiting teaching) as we choose faith and do it.  So often we do feel overwhelmed and it is only by holding tighter to the rod and doing more of what we should be doing that we are blessed and lifted in our trials.

Saturday was the general session.  I thought it was fantastic.  Elder Clayton talked about being deeply rooted in the gospel, which happens as we are truly converted to the Lord.  He also said that everything we do, read, watch, say, participate in should reflect our conversion.  He talked about wayward children who choose to do other things may be related to the parents not being fully converted.  I was very grateful for parents who always set the example of exact obedience.

Sister Stephens talked about helping others to the gospel and specifically having the gospel in the home, because that is the place where it starts.  She said once the work of salvation has begun in the home then it can move to neighbors and the community.  Elder Scott talked about prayer and how the Lord answers our prayers in his time and in the best way suited for a growth.  Elder Nelson called on his poor wife to talk who talked of the importance of family history, and then he talked about angels as messengers that have specific responsibilities.  He said we to can the ministering angels here on Earth.

I thought it a great conference and it was a perk that I was done before noon, which was a whole hour and a half before we usually start church.  Awesome!  Until next week.

Comments