The first cold of the season!

I started off the school week with a cold.  Well, I guess I started off the week really sore.  Saturday's hiking adventure took a toll on my muscles and on my day off I did not do much in the way of moving.  We caught up on some house things, Tim worked on medical school stuff, and we caught a movie.

Tuesday I took part in interviewing for a PE teacher at school.  It was kind of sad doing it, because I would not be teaching PE any more.  I really love teaching PE and it has been a big part of my life at Central.  This is the first year that I won't be dressing in workout clothes and running around with the kids all day on Monday.  The kids continue to get into a routine of how things work at school.  They know what they are supposed to do and now they are trying to push the limits a bit.  I am really excited to see how they progress this year, because I have never had a group like this one.

We went to the temple on Wednesday.  You could tell that it was the first week back for BYU students, because it was empty.  Tim worked several hours of over time throughout the week.  So, we didn't carpool as much.  Surprisingly, I am still leaving really early from school.  Carolyn was shocked when I told her, she asked what I was going to do with all my free time.  I am not sure.  I probably with have to get another hobby.

By Thursday my cold reached its peak, so I started to feel better.  Friday we went on a spur of the moment date, which was fun.  Saturday was our busy day.  There was funeral in our ward on Saturday.  I made three batches of funeral potatoes and took them to the lunch.  There was also cleaning, a BYU football game, and I spent time with Carolyn.  We spent the bulk of our afternoon planning Tim's Houston trip with flights, bus routes, and making a list of everything that needs to be done before he leaves.  I think the logistics are taken care of, we just need to make sure  he has everything he needs before he leaves.  I also finished up another blanket.  I just have one more to finish...the big one.

Next week I will be able to report how things went with the interview!  Keep your fingers crossed!

Comments