Fall weather and parent teacher conferences!

Fall has hit Provo.  I have started wearing pants to work instead of my summer attire.  It is kind of sad that the weather is cooling off, but I am glad that it is still very nice weather outside.  In another couple of weeks the Alpine Loop, which is a scenic drive through the mountains.

It was a busy week with parent teacher conferences, but not as busy as it has been in years past.  I only had 20 parents to meet with, which is half the number of what I usually do.  It was fun to meet with them and to tell them how their kids are doing, which is awesome.  Every year I am surprised has how much they learn so quickly.  Monday and Tuesday I worked hard to get a little ahead, because you do loose time during conferences.

We went to the temple on Tuesday and managed to slip into the six o'clock session.  We didn't think we made it in time, but we did.  Tim worked some overtime this week.  He also did extra clerking, because his counterpart had surgery and was unable to come in.  He did not get home from church until 9:30.  I makes me glad I just have to work with kids until church is out.

Friday we hiked to Stuart Falls with some friends.  It was a cool evening and it was nice to catch up.  We hurried to the store and did some shopping on the way home.  I received a text from Brian about a free concert on Center Street in Provo.  So, the party animals we are (not even close), we went to check it out and to see Brian.  It was a very interesting mix of people on Center street.  It felt a little off, because the new City Center Temple was right next to it.  It ended shortly after we got there, so we walked home and went to bed.

Saturday and Sunday have been filled with conference.  It has been fun to hear all the words and to receive personal revelation.  Tim invited a coworker to watch a session on Saturday, we we had lunch with him and then watched conference at the Stake Center.  He seemed to enjoy it.  While Tim was at the priesthood session, Carolyn and I watched an old movie.

Next week should be calm. Hopefully!

Comments