Christmas!

Monday was great!  I woke up and didn't have to go to work.  I began working on part of my break list, but I spent most of Monday doing what I love to do in my spare time...read.  I have read almost a 1,000 pages and will likely double that by the time I have to go back to school.  

Tuesday was a little more busy.  I had errands to run and I met Carolyn on campus for lunch.  She works in special collections at the BYU library.  I asked her if I could have a tour of special collections and she said unfortunately no, because only 50 people on campus have access to her area.  That evening we used a gift card and went out to Pizza Pie Cafe.  I had never been and it was pretty good.  We also managed to go running to try to keep off all that holiday "cheer."

Wednesday (Christmas Eve) Tim had to work.  He called at noon and said that work let him leave early, so we were able to make it to Enoch for dinner and the annual Christmas Eve Family Home Evening.  Time at home was spent cooking, laughing, eating, talking with family/sharing stories, opening presents, sleeping, reading, watching movies, and family pictures.  While in Enoch, it snowed...a lot.  The weather was definitely in our favor.  We drove down and back on great roads, even though snow fell.  

On Saturday we came home and unpacked not only our suitcase, but the storage room.  We took down all the Christmas decorations and put things back in the storage room.  About that time we realized that we cleaned out the fridge before we left, because we did want things to go bad and we didn't have anything for dinner.  We used another gift card and went to Costa Vida, which ended up being an unofficial anniversary celebration.  We are at a year and a day, which is crazy because it feels like we just got married.  Afterwards, we went grocery shopping and got How to Train your Dragon 2.  We had only seen half of it, so we decided to watch it again.  

Here's to the new year of 9 a.m. church and figuring out our future!

Comments