We made it through the week!

You always have the experience of trying to make it through the first week after a long break.  It is hard on everyone to make it back into a routine.  Monday was a busy day.  We decided to get a tree for Christmas.  Fortunately or unfortunately (depends on how you look at it) we have a tree to move at some point.  We didn't put on any lights because we have a lack of plugs without rearranging everything in the front room.

We spent the rest of the week getting ready for Tim to leave for an interview in Galveston, Texas.  He left on Thursday, very early in the morning.  It was a long day of travel for him, but he made it in one piece and found an alternate place to stay because the family he was going to stay with had a baby the day before.  The interview went well and he enjoyed learning about the school.  He comes home today, so I am making a trip to the airport to pick him up.

With Tim gone, I had time to spare.  We had a primary activity this weekend, so I make sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.  It was fun to use my cookie cutters.  The recipe I found was really easy and didn't require chilling the dough.

So...two hours later, I ended up with 85 cookies for the kids to decorate.  They had a lot of fun literally piling on the frosting.  They also had some interesting designs.
 After the activity, I came home and cleaned and did some school work.  When Tim leaves I revert to my old habits of sticking around school longer than I should and bringing things home to work on.  In the evening, Carolyn came by and we make tempura, which is vegetables or meat that is battered and fried.  It was a lot easier than I thought and it turned out tasty.  We also watched a Charles Dickens movie, called Nicholas Nickleby, which a really fun.

Sunday has been filled with church, visiting teaching, and driving to the airport.  Next week will be back to routine.

Comments