Kids are so funny!

I would like to start off with a joke one of my students told me this week.  I thought it was hilarious, especially because of his age in comparison to the content of the joke.

Student:  "Hey teacher...how do you get Lady Gaga to be quiet?"
Me:  "I don't know."
Student:  "Poke...her...face."

It took me a second, but when I said the answer quickly it made me laugh.

Monday was a holiday for us.  I baked cookies and did lesson and sub plans.  I will be missing a few days of school in the next couple of weeks because of meetings.  Tim continued to work his long shifts this week.  So, we maintained our seeing each other for a couple of hours a night.

Wednesday I had a school function.  It was a math night.  Parents came to the school and teachers either showed games or talked about what the kids were learning.  It was fun to talk about education with parents.

Friday was a good day with the kids.  They were a little calmer, they had been chatty and a little wild all week.  After work we had dinner and then we went on a long walk to the library.  Round trip it takes about 40 minutes, not including looking at books.

Saturday was busy.  We woke up and went to the temple.  With Tim's schedule we have not gone during the week.  But before going to the temple Tim shaved his three week beard.  Because of his hours he decided that it wasn't worth it to spend the time to shave.  So this is a picture of his beard.  It is a little hard to see in the picture, but it has a lot of red in it.

After the temple we came home and worked around the apartment.  Tim went and played bro-ball at the church with the guys.  He scored the final point for their team to win.  His overall thought, "I need to work out more."  After he got cleaned up we went to a place called Malawi Pizza.  It was really tasty.  We went and picked up Carolyn and went to a viola concert at BYU.  It was very interesting and we all agree that we like music that we understand the background and that flows together.  The man was a famous viola player from Israel that played his own caprices.

Which brings us to Sunday.  The Sunbeams are doing amazing.  I am so proud of them.  They also have some really good teachers that help them sit quietly.

One week until we know!

Comments