We survived!

This week was a very busy week.  It was probably a good thing, because on Monday we found out that Tim was not accepted to any medical schools.  He has been wait-listed in Houston, but we will have to wait and see...

We found out first thing on Monday morning, so it was a downer.  We shed a few tears and have worked on focusing on the many blessings we have had over the last year of marriage (there have been a lot).  As, well planning the future now that we have a better idea.

Tim definitely had more time on his hands, but he got to play the man and lady of the house this week.  Tuesday and Wednesday I was at school late, because of parent teacher conferences.  It was great to meet with parents and even better to report how awesome their kids are.  I also did prep work for being gone for two days at the end of the week.  

Thursday and Friday I was at a Title 1 Conference that was held in Salt Lake City.  Our school was honored for being able to help our students close the achievement gap.  The picture below is of us with our banner.  

A co-worker and I traveled on the frontrunner, which is a train that runs from Provo to Ogden.  We had to be on it by 6:15 am.  It was exciting to try something different.  I was glad she was there, because I probably would have gotten lost.  There was a big parade of schools on Thursday morning.  The rest of the day, Friday and Saturday were filled with classes that we could go to, to learn best practices and ways to help our kids that do not have as much opportunity in home for academic learning.  

Thursday have we got home, I went up to school to clean up the classroom and get it ready for the next day.  It was really hard to be gone and plan, because I have never been gone for more than one day.  Friday was the long day.  There was a reception in the evening, which put me getting home around 8:30 pm.  So, it was a 14 hour day.  Tim occupied himself with cooking and cleaning, lunch making, and other things around the house which usually fall under my responsibilities

Saturday I took the train home all by myself.  I was glad it was during the day, because the neighborhood is a little scary at night and the station is not by any main areas.  I promptly took a 2 1/2 hour nap.  While I was gone, Tim played "bro" ball, a.k.a church basketball.  He also went running took care of the cars and worked on some other projects.  Tim went to the library to get some movies and we spent it the night in, because I was tired.  

Today I was release from my calling.  It was sad and a little nice.  I did not feel like was I getting burned out from working with kids during the week and on the weekend.  But, it will be nice to talk with adults.  During the school year, I don't get enough adult speaking.  I start talking to adults (Tim mostly) like I talk to my kiddos.  I will also be nice to listen to the closing prayer of sacrament meeting, I haven't been able to do that for months.  I will also get to see Tim in Sunday school.

So, the week has had its ups and downs, but we keep moving forward!

Comments