Made it!

The busy week was busier than I  thought, but it ended up great in the end.  We started off the week with work and a family get together.  Tim's mother was in town for a wedding of a cousin, so her children got together to catch up.

Tuesday was St. Patrick's day.  I think it is my favorite holiday.  It is always so much fun to mess up the classroom and have Lenny come and mess with the kids.  Tim and I also decided last year shortly after we got married that we didn't want to celebrate our anniversary on the actual day, just because it is so busy.  We decided to do something on the day we officially started to date (meaning we were as good as married).  That happened to be on St. Patrick's day.  So, we waited a year and three months to celebrate our one year.  We went to an outdoor Mexican shop we run by frequently that always smells delicious.  We were impressed with the meal.  Tuesday was the day I also started feeling sick.

Wednesday I woke up and decided that I would take a half day sub, because I had no voice.  We currently have a shortage of subs, so I thought since I have to go in any way to do sub plans, that I would stay for a half a day until my afternoon aide could take over.  They never found an official sub, which is what I expected.  I came home and took a two hour nap and then went to bed early.  I felt a lot better the next day.

Thursday after work, Tim's mom came over and we watch a movie about a teacher in Utah.  She taught at a school for homeless kids and it was a good reminder that the most important thing about being a teacher is loving the kids and creating that safe place for them.

Friday Tim went to play basketball for his cousin's bachelor party.  I had the house to myself for several hours, so I just worked on things that I would not have time for on Saturday.

Saturday was a crazy 12 hour, 200 mile wedding day.  We drove up to Salt Lake for a sealing.  After the pictures were done we drove to Cottonwood Heights, which is about 30 minutes away for the luncheon.  After that we went to Tim's sister's house in Sandy to chat more with Tim's youngest brother.  It was the first time that Jessica (another wife) and I had been about to meet him because he was on his mission for our dating/marriage.  We left that early to drive to Cedar Hills for our first reception.  Tim's former roommate got married and it was great to see so many people from past wards.  We left from Cedar Hills and drove back up to Cottonwood Heights for the second reception.  We were able to see most of the aunts and uncles and it was just nice.

Funny story...I mentioned to Tim that we needed to take pictures to document our crazy day.  After we left each reception I had a moment where I remembered that I forgot to take a picture.  The first picture is of us in the car after the first reception.  It was taken in the car while we were driving.  I told Tim just to smile as he was driving, because we were on the freeway.

The second picture was taken on our way out the door of the second reception.  We felt tired and punchy, so this is what happened as we were taking the picture.


We just have a dinner with friends tonight and then it should be quiet for the next week.  We can only hope.  Oh, Tim has an interview on Monday with the MTC...we will see how it goes!

Comments