It was touch and go for a while...

It was a crazy week!  It was touch and go there for a bit, but we made it through.  I was very pleased with the behavior of the kids.  They decided to help a stressed teacher out by listening and following classroom rules.  Testing was in full swing this week.  The kids are rocking it this year.  I couldn't be more pleased with how much they know and their desire to learn.  

Testing was a small part of the craziness.  We have five weeks left of school and in that five weeks, I have to teach a dance, administer two different tests one on one, plan and host a kinder fair and a kinder art night, do class lists, order material for next year, oh and begin planning what to do if we have high numbers next year.  

But, we still had fun in school.  We finished talking about poetry and below are some of the projects we did to experiment with poetry.  The kids did awesome!

I am... (on the top)
Shape (on the bottom

Haiku (Japanese form)

Color Poems

On the home front, Tim signed up for classes at UVU.  They are not finalized yet, because he is trying to take them in the fall, but hopefully he will have that figured out this next week.  He is almost done with his nursing application and ready to redo his medical school application.  He has decided that he will try one more time to get into medical school.  So, we will see what happens.  He gets to be a floor walker at work again.  Basically, he is really good at training people, so he gets to help new employees learn the systems at work.  

We went to the temple on Wednesday.  It had been several weeks since we had gone due to sickness and being out of town.  Speaking of sickness, I think am finally over my cold after about a month, and Tim never got sick.  I am not sure how he does it, because I bring home the worst germs!

By Friday we were ready for a break.  I had a lot to do at work, so we got a pizza and stayed at school until about 8.  Tim helped me catch up and get a little ahead, which was much appreciated.  

Saturday was our cleaning and errands day.  Tim played soccer for a couple of hours in the morning before the weather got too warm.  There were fewer people to play with due to BYU finals in full swing.  Our errands consisted of purchasing things at Walmart, Deseret Book, Ross, and Bed Bath and Beyond.  It was our once yearly shopping trip we take together that doesn't include groceries (we usually do that together).

On Saturday night I got a call from the primary asking me to sub for a sunbeam class.  I was able to teach them and then go to young woman's.  It was a blast and I laughed, because they do say some of the funniest things!

Any who...Tim is making bread for dinner and I am about to leave for a meeting.  Hope all is well with you!

Comments