Almost there!

This was the last full week of school for me.  Typically, students with Summer birthdays can bring treats to celebrate in May.  In my six years of teaching no student has ever brought a treat to celebrate their Summer birthday.  Until..this year.  In the past two weeks we have celebrate six different birthday.  The mix of birthday treats and good weather does not make for a very calm kindergarten class.

I began taking things down in my classroom and I managed to send most everything home with the kids.  I also made my classroom switch.  I usually reorganize the furniture and change things up.  I have never been able to find a setup that I like, but I think we might have a winner this year.

Tim continued to research nurse practitioner programs and he is leaning towards BYU's program.  It seems that I will be a good fit and a good price.  He also played soccer on Saturday.  He was able to beat the rain, because it has been raining like crazy here.  I feel like this is an actual Spring.  Usually, Utah skips this season and jumps right into Summer.  I won't complain about the rain, because we need it!

Saturday, we also spent time looking into housing.  We are hoping he gets into nursing school and so we are looking for a bigger apartment where he can actually stand straight in every room.  As well, it will be a more permanent spot until he is all finished with schooling.  In the evening, Carolyn and I went to the Pasifika Festival.  It had lot of Polynesian booths and cool dancing.  I will say one thing...they sure know how to laugh and have fun!

(In the background you can see the Provo City Center Temple)

That's all from us.  We are going to enjoy a quiet Monday and then head into the week ready to make housing decisions (because it is my most favorite thing in the world to do...).


Comments