Summer School!

This week was busy for the both of us.  Summer school began and for the most part the kids have been troopers.  Some of them would definitely rather be playing outside.  But, the first week is down and we are all still alive.  Tim began helping another group this week that just started by answer their questions.  He is spending less and less time on the phones and more time helping people.

Along with teaching, collaboration began with my team.  We spent a lot of hours going through things and figuring out how to help the kids next year.  It is always exciting.  Tuesday I went to mutual and then Tim and I went to a late night dinner with some friends who are leaving for the summer.  Wednesday was temple night.  We were able to finish up sealings for a good size batch of family names.  Unfortunately, we were in the warm room, so it got a little uncomfortable.

We were already dragging by Thursday, but we were social again in the evening and went to another BBQ for some friends that are leaving in a couple of weeks for medical school.  By Friday we were were ready for some sleep.  We fit in pizza and an early movie and then went to bed.

Saturday started of easy, but it was still a full day.  I worked around the house, Tim played soccer and spent some time with a friend.  I met with Carolyn and saw her new car.  I was able to ride in it.  We have been friends for almost 10 years and I believe that is the first time I have ever driven with her.  It was exciting and she is a very good driver.  We also spent some time planning a bridal shower.  We are in charge of the food.  I have been to plenty of bridal showers, but this is the first time that I have planned one...slightly stressful.  In the evening we had the adult session of conference and then we went to bed...thank goodness!

Today conference was later, so we slept in and then we will take dinner to a family that just had a baby and call it a week, and a good week it was!

Comments