How long has it been since we had ice cream?

That was my favorite quote from Tim this week.  We had a long week of class and studying.  Tim began school on Monday.  He left bright and early each morning, because class starts at 8 am and and it is a 30 minute bike ride or 20 minute bus ride.  We have hit the hottest time in Houston, so he is opting to take the bus.  Once it cools down a bit, he will probably start riding his bike more.  Monday-Thursday classes were all about communication and what you shouldn't do as a doctor so you can be that wonderful word "ethical."

While Tim was at school, I began studying for my exam.  It will be at 8 am, Monday morning.  By Tuesday my backside hurt from all the sitting and my eyes hurt from all the reading.  The exam covers everything I learned, or should have learned but somehow missed from grades PreK-8th grade.  We will see how well it goes.  On the upside, I won't have to pass the exam in order to start teaching, but I will have to pass it sometime soon.

The highlight of the week was our trip to the library.  It is a nice library.  Not nearly as big as the Provo library, but you can get books from any of the Houston Public libraries.  So, while the selection isn't huge at the library, I will have access to a lot more books in the end...I'll just have to wait a while until the books come in.

It was a great moment when I got to check out some books!

Another highlight this week was the reduction of roaches in our apartment.  We usually kill 40-50 each a day.  I have done some serious cleaning and research on how to kill them.  I found a recipe that included boric acid, which seems to be the best killer.  We still kill quite a few, but we are less.  For the first two weeks, I thought I was going to have to increase the money set aside for the budget to include an increase in purchase of napkins and paper towels.

Back to the favorite quote from Tim.  Saturday, we went searching for the testing center that I would need to be at on Monday.  We swung by a Walmart to get a few more things for Tim, in which he asked how long it had been since we had ice cream.  Tim loves ice cream.  I try not to buy it too often because it never lasts and it is kind of expensive to keep a freezer stocked with ice cream.  If we do get ice cream, we will go and get some for date night.  When we could not remember when the last time was, we decided to get some and celebrate a busy week.

This coming week Tim will be busy studying all about the body and hopefully, I will be able to get into my classroom and set up, because school starts in two weeks and I am not prepared at all.  Yikes!

Comments