Exam week 2, check!

Tim made it through another round of exams.  He did well.  There are a couple we are still waiting to hear about, but he should know within a few days about those.  He spent his week studying or taking an exam.  I spent my week working and trying to be quiet and non-distracting.

We did have a few highlights this week.  We taught another lesson in our home with the missionaries.  I did some visiting teaching.  I had a sister added to my route that just moved into the ward.  She is really cool and it was fun to get to know her.  As a side note, I thought I could make my way home without using the GPS, so I didn't turn it on when I was heading home after visiting teaching.  Big mistake!  I ended up getting very lost and taking a very round about way home through some less than awesome neighborhoods.  But, I made it home to find that Tim had cleaned the apartment so we didn't have to worry about it on our busy Saturday

Saturday, we had a baptism in the morning, but due to heavy rainfall it was delayed.  During the night it began to rain and apparently, we slept through a tornado warning.  We had alerts on our phones in the morning.  I had never heard of a tornado in the middle of the night, but I guess it can happen.  We decided to brave the weather and head to the temple earlier.  There were some concerns about flooding on the roads, but we made it in one piece and it was the fastest that we had ever made it to the temple.  On our way home is when we had some issues with flooding.  Our entrance to the interstate was flooded.  As we got closer we saw that cars were turning around, because it was up to the tires of our car.  Some trucks were braving it, but we opted to find another way.  We made it home in one piece without any problems.

Tim wasn't studying, so we had also made plans to go out for ice cream at a local shop.  We found out they were closed from Halloween, so we just went to good old McDonald's for some ice cream.  We didn't have any trick or treaters at our apartment, not that we bought candy.  We were told that there weren't really any kids that would come by.

Today we had someone come to church with us.  We also did tithing settlement after our meeting after church.  We have a Burmese fireside tonight, so it is a packed Sunday.  Tim decided that he was going to make dinner, so I could do my update and then we could leave for the meeting.  And much to Tim's dislike...here's a pictures.  He's doing a great job!
Until next week!

Comments