Getting in touch with my inner child!

It was a really busy week this week.  There was something happening pretty much every night of the week for me.  Poor Tim just had to study all week, but he did get a quiet apartment without me bothering him.

Tuesday we taught another lesson in our apartment with the missionaries.  I am continually amazed with investigators.  Each lesson we teach, I think that this lesson will be the one the investigator will say no more, because of the difficulty of some of the things the missionaries ask them to do.  This week was about the word of wisdom and I was sure that our neighbor would not take the challenge to quit smoking, but she took the idea of treating our bodies with respect well and she committed to stop smoking.  To me it is a testimony that people really are looking for true happiness and they want God in their life...they just don't know where to look and how to get what they want.

Wednesday, I went to Walmart in search of new blades for Tim's razor.  We purchase one, but it was the wrong one and I went back and failed as well.  But, on the bright side...Amazon has everything!

Thursday I got in touch with my inner child and went to a Disney on Ice performance with some med school wives.  This one was a combination of several Disney stories.  I thought they did a great job and it was a lot of fun to watch all the little girls go crazy when they saw a princess they new.  There were quite a few moms that were getting into it as well.  Below are some pictures that I took.  We were actually pretty close, but the camera made it look like were were really far away.
 This is Mckey and Minnie with Donald and Goofy

This is of Woody and the gang

Here is Alice in Wonderland

 This was at the very end when they had all the princess and their princes come out and dance.

Friday night I went visiting teaching, and Tim studied.  Saturday, Tim went to a review while I did the normal cleaning and shopping.  I picked him up for studying after a visiting teaching appointment and we swung by a Redbox to get a movie for date night, because we do really exciting things for dates.  We got Inside Out, which was really good.  It was from the perspective of emotions inside a young girl.  There was Joy, Saddness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust.  You kind of have to watch it to understand it, but look for the part at the end where the girl meets the boy and you get a look at his emotions inside his head.  I thought it was hilarious!  We have watched a couple of movies recently that have been winners.

Saturday I also made pretzels.  My coworkers always got to Sam's Club on Mondays for pretzels.  They call it pretzel Monday.  I don't go with them, but I promised that I would make pretzels for them and so I did.  Hopefully, it will be a surprise.

Today was a busy day as well.  We had a temple recommend interview before church, I taught Relief Society again, we had a meeting after church, Tim' has home teaching, and he is going out with the missionaries tonight.  We really need an extra weekend after all the craziness.  Next week should be calmer, but starting in December there are things happening almost every week.

Until then!





Comments