Tim's New Pet!

This week marked the beginning of cooler weather.  We leave in the morning and you actually need to take jacket.  By the time we head home at the end of the day it is perfect outside.  We did have some rain this weekend, but was nice.  We were able to open some doors and windows and cool down the apartment.   

With the weather cooling, down we have had an increase in bugs being out.  We have one in particular that has been hanging around on our sliding door.  Much to my displeasure, Tim decided to name him Enrique.  And I would like to point out that while this is a close up picture, this is about the size.  


Tim did lots of studying this week, but we did have a lot of other things that took him away from studying.  We taught with the missionaries again this week and Tim had a meeting on Thursday night where he was taught to do stitches.  He was very proud  of himself.  He took a picture to show me and the pig foot stitches looked great.

I had a meeting this week for most of the day.  It was a nice break to be out of the office and in a place with windows.  We don't have windows in our office, so we never know the weather or get any sunshine.

This week I also did some exploring with laundry detergent.  A while ago I found a recipe to make my own and I have been waiting to finish up my current soap.  I made it this weekend.  I did a load with it and used only two table spoons of detergent and the result was great!  This the math is correct this should last us for a year or more.  It also smells really good!

The biggest highlight of the week was going to the doctor to get an ultra sound to see our baby.  We went in on Thursday for our first appointment.  The doctor did some measuring and said that I am 17 weeks or 4 months and 1 week along.  It was crazy to see the baby.  We were able to hear and see the heart beat, the head, a leg, and a beautiful spine.  The doctor tried to see the gender, but the baby was facing the wrong direction.  We will go in for another ultra sound at the end of the month and hopefully be able to find out the gender.  So, be on the look out for that in three weeks!

That is about all for us...a very exciting week!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Congrats on being pregnant! How exciting!!