A Special Guest Blogger: Zimmerman Life from a Male Perspective

Whitney went to do the dishes, and I (Tim) asked if she still needed to blog.  She answered yes and then mentioned that the dishes needed to be done and asked if I were going to clean them.  I responded that I would rather do her blog so here I am.

This past week was the 27-week mark.  I have been doing great during this pregnancy.  I sleep well, eat as usual (but I occasionally have cravings for ice cream...nothing new there), haven't experienced any morning sickness and haven't had to use the bathroom anymore than usual.  Pregnancy is definitely harder on Whitney than it is on me, but we are both hanging in there.  There are only three more months until we meet the little guy, and we are excited.

I (still Tim writing) had exams this past week, and they went really well.  This semester will be different than last semester though.  I have exams pretty much every month as opposed to every other month last semester.  This is good because there isn't as much material covered between exams--though they find a way to cram as much into our brains as possible--but it is also bad because classes don't slow down much before exams so there is less time to study.  Whitney is really good at supporting me in school and lets me study as much as is needed.  She is especially good at trying not to distract me during exam week, which I imagine is as long of a week for her as it is for me.

Moving on now.  On Saturday, we attended a "get ready for child birth class just in case you have no idea what you are doing" class.  We practiced meditation and relaxation techniques, which was kind of funny.  Some of the guys in the room weren't having it (There were six couples in the class.).  Overall, the class was beneficial, though much of it was pretty basic.  Topics covered: stages of labor, birth plans, relaxation techniques, "the big day," possible medical interventions, breastfeeding, postpartum blues, and caring for newborns.  Let's just say an eight-hour long pregnancy class was a bonding experience for Whitney and me.

After learning to give birth, we got together with 8-10 friends for a potluck dinner.  I don't know if you have learned from previous blogs or not, but the Saturdays after exam weeks are normally all of the vacation we get each semester.  Unfortunately, since we did the "how to be pregnant" class, we weren't able to go to the temple, but we'll make it back some day.

Church was good.  We helped out in the English class again during Sunday school.  The three Burmese women in the class were just starting on their English-learning journey.  They learned a lot today though.

I feel like I'm dragging on so let's finish this up...
  • Whitney made an awesome dinner tonight (awesome (Teriyaki) meatballs, special sauce, rice, and broccoli).
  • We enjoyed the cool night air eating ice cream and some kind of other "cookie trying to be a brownie" dessert while sitting on camping chairs on our balcony.
  • After a one-day break and a wonderful Sabbath, life returns to normal tomorrow.
  • Sorry if there are many grammatical or spelling errors.  I've enjoyed being a special guest blogger, but I don't get paid enough to proofread.
Have a wonderful week everyone, and don't worry, I give you back your usual host next week.  

We love you all.

-Tim (and Whitney)

P.S.

Tim "failed" to post this picture!  This is how I came out one morning after getting ready.  I was always made fun of at home and in college for this style of sleeping...Tim has finally seen things my way and agrees especially on a cold morning it works well!


Comments

Parental Units said…
Dear Guest Blogger, enjoyed your comments. We think you should guest every 3 - 6 months. If pregnancy class is a bonding experience wait until birth-day.