Almost to the six month mark!

I realized the other day as I was talking with mom that I was almost to the six month mark.  She said it was time for another belly update.  So, below is what I look like now.  This pictures was taken 10 weeks after the first one posted.  There is a difference and people can now see that I am actually pregnant and not just gaining weight!



The week was short, because of the Monday holiday.  We didn't do anything special.  I worked on different projects and Tim studied.  He has exams this week, so the whole day was dedicated to study and preparation.  One of the big projects I worked on was the cradle.  Grandpa Kluber made me a cradle many, many years ago.  I played with it all the time until the day came that I grew out of it.  Mom and dad kept if for me, but after numerous baby dolls, one real baby, 5 moves and 20 years it needed a little TLC.  



Over Christmas, we picked it up and I sanded down some spots and got it ready.  Monday I took some wood fill to some spots that needed help and gave it a fresh coat of paint and this is how it looks now.  I opted for a brown color.  For not being a woodworker or crafty, I thought it turned out well and it is ready for the baby in April!  Thanks Grandpa for doing all the hard work of crafting it!



A couple of weeks ago I realized that I had never made cinnamon rolls solo.  I knew I had made them with mom, but never by myself.  A med student wife had a baby last week and so I thought since I had time, Monday was a good day to make some a take them to her family.  In between coats of paint I worked on the rolls.  Don't worry I was careful not to get paint in the rolls!  Tim approved of the rolls and didn't want to give any away, but we still had plenty for breakfast this week.  Now I know that I can make them...and Tim does too!


The rest of the week was much less exciting in the way of projects, but plenty still happened.  I worked on some money related retirement things, which is never one of my favorite things to do.  I also began the process of figuring out maternity leave and insurance...also not my most favorite thing.  And to top it off I started working on babysitters for the baby when I go back to work, which I discovered is also not a favorite thing.  There is so much to consider!

Any who, we survived all of that and Tim had a soccer game.  He was asked to play on an inter-mural team.  I wasn't able to go to the game, but I know he had fun, because he walked in with a big smile and a huge grass stain down the front of his shirt!  Thank goodness for stain remover! He has another one coming up this week and I am going to try to make it to that one.

Saturday was a big day in the Zimmerman house, because we put up the crib!  Up until now it had been sitting in the box, but I was looking at sheets and other baby stuff and I figured it would not only be smart to get it set up before the baby actually comes, but I can also get exact dimensions.  I started it by myself, while Tim was studying, but the draw was too much for him.  He stopped and came to help because you only get one time to set up a crib for your first baby.  You'll have to pardon the mess in the crib.  I promise one day I will have the room clean and I will take a picture with everything ready.



Today we taught the English class again.  I came prepared to teach like we did last week (a very basic lesson), but we had an unexpected surprise of a group that was much more advanced.  Tim saved the day as he whipped together a lesson similar to what he would have taught at the MTC, except in English.  It was fun to work with the people.  We found out that we will still be attending the class, but they called a formal teacher who will be taking over.  She should be really good, because she taught language learners at the middle school level.  

Until next week!


Comments