Another week down!

Another week has past.  We both stayed busy with life and school.  Tim is working hard in his classes.  He only  has one more week until exams.  There is a lot to study and learn.  But, the big take away this week is, "Don't just feed your stomach...feed your gut flora."  If you're like me you don't have any idea what that means.  To make it simple, he had a lecture and learned that we all have 10 times as many bacteria cells as human cells.  The gut flora helps with hormones, digestion, vitamin K, immunity, and saving the planet.  I don't know about you, but I'm sold!

I went in on Monday for my glucose test.  I drank a very sweet, orange flavored drink quickly and then had my blood drawn to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes.  I am happy to report that I do not have that...thank goodness.  The baby continues to grow healthy.  He has begun kicking a lot more than usual, which leads me to believe he will be a soccer player or have some anger issues.  I tend to think the first.

This week also included, home teaching for Tim, visiting teaching for me, time with the missionaries teaching investigators, attending a service project, and teaching English lessons on Sunday.  We stayed busy!

We are both excited for the break on Monday.  Well, I am excited for it...Tim will be studying all day.  I get to help him study by pretending to be a patient so he can practice for his exam where he demonstrates he knows how to do a comprehensive physical.  He has to check nerves, eyes, ears, reflexes, and a bunch of other stuff.  I have a full list of things that I would like to get done.  We will see if it happens.

Have a wonderful week and don't forget to feed your gut flora!

Comments