So this is what heartburn feels like...

It was a routine, but busy week for us.  This was what UT calls pre-block week.  Basically, it is the week before a major set of exams.  He did a lot of studying, basically the same as always, but he is a lot more focused.

Dinner this week was pulled pork sandwiches.  I have never ventured into this area of cooking, but according to Tim it tasted good...he's not too hard to please.  I convinced him to dress it up a little more with lettuce and tomato, but he had to have his one day of "traditional" pulled pork sandwiches.
I'd like to say it was in honor of the Houston Rodeo starting, but it isn't.  It just happened to happen at the same time.  Many of you not from Houston are not aware of the "Houston Rodeo."  Houston is not an exception to the phrase, "go big, or go home."  Apparently for the next month, let me repeat that, month, everybody and their cousin will be flocking to our neighborhood, because we happen to live next to the place where all the action takes place.  Every night of the week there is eating, drinking, rides, concerts, and a ton of other things happening late into the night.  Every year they start off the rodeo by having a trail ride.  I guess Houston's is one of the biggest.  They shut down a couple of major highways so that cowboys can ride with their horses and wagons on the road.  I guess it is a big thing because people come from all around to participate.  All I know is my coworkers complained all week about how bad the traffic was going to be.    

But, enough of that.  Tim's tournament game was canceled on Monday due to rain.  We will see if it happens on this Monday, because it is supposed to rain.  He was a  little bummed that it was rescheduled, because he will be needing to study.  We both did our own thing this week and I tried really hard not to distract Tim.

Wednesday night we went to a dinner for Family Medicine.  They asked a variety of family doctors to come in and speak to the students about that specific area.  Tim hasn't made any decisions, but he does seem to consistently attend those meetings.  We should hear some time this next month if he was able to get a summer internship with a family medicine doctor.  He is really hoping that the experience will help him to decide if he could be happy with this focus or if he needs to keep looking.  Thursday I went out with the missionaries and helped a Burmese sister write her testimony to share at the baptism on Saturday.  

Friday night, Tim and I had a mini date/study break.  He helped me make no bake cookies to take to the baptism.  I have to say he is an expert  at stirring!  Nothing burned and they tasted great.  Saturday I went to the baptism and helped out.  I felt really bad for the sister because the hot water was not working, so she had a very shocking experience.  The missionaries tried to heat up water, but you can only do so much in a couple of hours.  I came home and cleaned and put everything back in our outside storage.  We have had piles all over our apartment for the last month because they have been working on the face of our apartment.  That evening we had a ward activity.  Basically, it was a food competition.  Members brought in their best chili, cornbread, and cobbler.  I chose to bring in cornbread.  There were some very tasty versions of each.

That night I had my first intense and rather unwanted experience with heartburn.  I have had heartburn for a few weeks as the baby has begun pushing more on my stomach, but I would ignore it and move on.  Sunday morning around one I woke up with the worst feeling ever!  I had heard people say heartburn was like breathing fire.  Well, maybe I am being dramatic, but I am pretty sure I was spewing pure acid.  I finally got up and drank some milk and tried to sleep sitting up, because it hurt to lay down.  After a couple of hours it went away and I headed back to bed to try to get some sleep.  Not pleasant and I hope I never experience it that bad again!

Well, that is all from us.  Pray for Tim, because this week's exams will be hard!

Comments