He made it!

Tim spent his week studying and taking exams.  He did a great job staying focused, minus the double header soccer tournament game he played on Monday.  Their team won the first game and got to move to round two an hour later.  Those dental students are really good!  Both teams played well, but they were better.  I was able to get some exercise running after balls.  I also decided that Tim is really scary when he goes in for a big kick.  I should have tried to take a picture of it.  With his long legs, whenever he is going to kick the ball into the goal, it just looks like he is going to blast the ball in.  

He did well on all his exams.  I don't think that I would ever be able to study and learn all he has in the past several months.  

I had another doctor's appointment.  Everything continues to progress.  I guess the baby just got a slow start and is catching up.  He weighed in at just over 4 pounds, which puts him in the 45 percentile...that's a good thing I am told.  He has also decided to move to the head down position, which is also a very good thing.  I started having braxton hicks contractions this week.  They aren't painful in any way.  It took me a few times to realize what was happening.  A couple of times Tim was able to see them and how my stomach scrunch in and become really deformed.

It was very quiet around our apartment for the rest of the week with Tim studying.  He convinced me to go shopping a day early, so he didn't have to wait for me to finish shopping on Friday night to spend time together.  It ended up being a good thing because I was able to find a great deal on small containers of ice cream and I was able to get blueberries.  I have a love hate relationship with the blueberry thief.  She knows when the produces truck comes in and always takes the majority of the berries.  Well, I got the last one and I was happy!  Some may wonder how I know there is a thief...the cashiers know her well and told me that's what she does.

On Saturday we woke up early to take one of Tim's classmates to the airport.  We ran some errands afterwards and then Tim helped me clean around the house.  I was able to wash all the baby close...something that I have been planning on doing for a while.  I also made lemon, blueberry bread.  Tim wasn't sure about it, because most of the time I make treats he is wishing is has some combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  He was nicely surprised by the bread.  We both learned a few things.  I learned to go with my gut when it comes to adding berries.  I thought there would be way to many for the loaf and I was right as you can see.  Tim learned the importance of needed to break the sides of the loaf away for the edge of the pan.  We kind of needed to put the bread back together.  :)  It still tasted great!


Tim will have this entire next week off for Spring break.  He is planning on sleeping, playing racquetball, and going out with the missionaries.  Unfortunately, I do not have a week off...my first in seven  years..not cool.  But, at least he will have a break and can do a few things on the honey do list.

Until next week!

Comments