Of Baby Showers and Baking...

It seems our week days are routine and calm, but once the weekend hits we are nonstop.  Work was busy this week for me.  Most of my teachers were on Spring break, which was a blessing because i was sitting on a lot of videos to edit.  The time I had to work uninterrupted was just what I needed.  Tim studied hard as usual.  We found out that he will be able to work with both a family doctor and an internal medicine doctor this Summer.  Hopefully, these experiences will help him to figure out what his focus will be.  

The baby continues to grow.  It is hard to believe we are down to a month!  He is kicking and moving more and more.  I have been really lucky to not have too much back pain or discomfort...but it sure is hard to paint my toes!  This coming Monday starts my weekly doctor's appointments.  I will keep you posted as to what the doctor says!

On Thursday, my co-workers surprised me with a baby shower.  I had no idea they were planning it.  I guess I should pay more attention at what's going on around me at work, especially since our office isn't that big.  They centered it on book themes.  My favorite was the book Hungry Caterpillar and they made a caterpillar out of fruit.  Each book had a treat that connect to the story.




Friday night was busy, because I needed to start preparing for the weekend.   But we started first with getting soaked at a match day pizza party.  Fourth year med students found out where they will be going for residency and all the med students got together to celebrate.  It was fun to get a feel for what it will be like for us in three years.

Saturday morning we went to the church building to clean.  When we got home, I made cookies for another baptism.  I took a break to have a tele-baby shower.  Since all of my friends my age are back in Utah and I wasn't there, they mailed gifts and we used the power of Google Chat to link up and have a baby shower using technology.  It was a lot of fun and so nice to talk and catch up with everyone.  

Later on I had the combined baby shower.  We are three days a  part.  I made strawberry and blueberry doughnuts.  Sara and Marissa (wives on the Zimmerman side) were really nice and made a long drive to spend a few hours at the baby shower.  They came over to our apartment to talk with Tim and to visit a little more.  It was wonderful to have them there and be with family.  I was sad to see them go, but very grateful for family.  Kind of wish we had teleportation abilities to visit family where ever they are!

Sunday was busy as well.  I taught in primary...I really miss teaching young children.  I helped a child hear the sounds in pray and it was just as exciting as teaching in school.  Tim is currently at an Elder's Quorum activity visiting the less active members in the ward.  Tonight we are having dinner with a childhood friend of Tim's.  They live in the Houston area.  I am looking forward to hearing some good stories!  I am making mom's lasagna recipe, so we will see how it compares...probably no where near as good.

Until next week!

Comments