Spring Break!

Tim was off the whole week from school...well kind of.  He decided to write a paper for one of his classes to earn some extra credit, so that took some time.  But, never fear...he found plenty of time to play and relax.

He usually started his morning an hour later than normal and then played racquetball some someone.  He would come home, shower, and work on his paper for a while.  It was a little weird for me, because I am used to doing my own thing after dinner, because he is always studying.  This week when I got home he wanted to chat or do something other than think about school.

Starting with Sunday night, we went out with the missionaries to do a new member lesson.  This sister is raising her family of three by herself and trying to assimilate into a new culture and learn English.  Basically, I was really impressed with her and her children.  I felt the spirit very strongly as we taught about families and how family was essential to the Plan of Salvation.

Monday was a normal day with family home evening after work...because I didn't get the week off like some lucky souls.  Not that I am bitter or anything...maybe just a little.  Tuesday night Tim did a little extra work on him paper while I prepared for Wednesday.  Wednesday's task was to do the final shopping at Walmart.  Tim came to help and he had a good eye for finding specific sizes.  My favorite comment from him was about diapers.  I was debating on whether to get one or two packages of newborn diapers and he said, "Just get one...it will last for like a month...right."  My response was something to the effect of not quite and you should have come to the nursing class because they talked all about how many wet diapers a baby will go through in a day.  He was shocked that babies go to the bathroom so much.

Thursday was our adventure day...literally.  Tim came to work and dropped off the car, because you have to pay for parking everywhere in Houston.  It was is for us to pay for the train.  We ate a quick dinner in the car and walked over to the train to head to the Museum of Natural History.  I wasn't expecting what we saw, but it was cool none the less.  I thought it was really interesting to see things from Greek and Roman times, as well as Egypt.  They also had paintings, but that wasn't as cool as the other things.  Tim has decided that he prefers art that he can tell what it is...sorry Picasso.  Below are some pictures we took.
 
This is a scene depicting a fight with the Amazon Warriors.

I thought I would join the ladies for a head shot.

Tim is standing next to a sarcophagus.  It was a little small for Tim.

After leaving the museum...we had another unexpected adventure.  We went to the train station to head back to the car.  About a minute after we bought the tickets, it was announced that there was a delay.  A few minutes after that there was another announcement that the stated there was a train malfunction and the train would be further delayed.  A minute later they announced our station was closed and we needed to find another route to another working station.  So, we start following the tracks south in hopes of finding our way to a working station.  We walked about a 1/2 a mile down the road and found another station.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little worried we would be walking all the way back to the car, which is a least five miles.  Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be worried, but I have discovered prolonged exercise makes for stronger contractions.  

We did make it to a working station along with half the rodeo population (Houston has a month long rodeo).  It was PACKED!  I almost took a picture, because of all the cowboy boots and hats.  I decided against it and soaked it all up.  The total time it took us to get home was an hour, when it should have been about 20 minutes.  

Friday was busy at work for me and I got home late.  Tim was very nice and did my normal Saturday cleaning for me.  We watched a movie that night and went to bed a little earlier.  In the morning we went to a baptism and tried to go to the temple, but luckily discovered it was closed before we traveled an hour to find it out for ourselves.  Instead we washed and vacuumed the car and I got a much needed haircut.  Hopefully we will get a chance to go before the baby comes.

Speaking of baby...I was asked to take another baby picture, so here it is.  Tim had to be the photographer this time, because I didn't fit nicely in the mirror any more.  This is 34 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Almost there!


 Until next week!

Comments