Crunch time!

We are down to crunch time.  Three days until my due date, not that I am thinking he will come on that day.  Tim is very excited.  Every time we part ways in the morning for the past week or so he leaves by saying, "Well, call me if your water breaks."  In the evening when we meet again he asks if my water broke.  The past couple of days he has started asking the "would you still" question.  For example if I am heading out to go shopping and my water breaks right then and there would I still go shopping.

Speaking of shopping I went shopping this Friday and had a really funny experience.  I am learning that pregnant people get all sorts of perks and sympathy.  If you are crossing the street and a car wants to make right turn they don't get angry they just think, "You poor person," and don't get angry.    Any time I pass the "brothers" (a group of old black gentlemen that stand watch at the front of our complex) they always make funny comments along the lines that my time is coming and that I can do it.  And if you really want sympathy, just waddle a little more than usual.  :)

Any way...I went shopping on Friday and I was heading to check out and I was chatting with the cashier and she was asking how long I had and when I said less than a week she was shocked that I was still moving around and stated so.  From behind me I heard someone shout out (be sure to say it with a street voice), "That's cuz she a baller!"  I laughed, because that is the last thing I ever expected to be called in a store where I was the only white person.

On a more serious note, this week we went out with the missionaries.  The new deal with the missionaries is that if they me to come out with them, Tim comes too.  So, we went and taught a lesson about prayer.  Tim went out a second time on Saturday with a different set of Elders and on Sunday we went to picked up some investigators.  It was a really busy week for missionary work.

In between all of this, Tim is studying.  This block is very short.  They have 3 weeks of class and then 2 weeks of testing.  There is a ton of material to get through, all the med students are in survival mode because there is no way to get through it all.  They will all do great!

As for me, well...
.

I am still feeling really good.  I have my good and bad nights, but over all I can't complain.  I finally met my goals at work, so I can leave feeling good about where all of my teachers are and they are set to keep moving forward without me.  Really, I am just waiting.  Perhaps this week will be the week...only time will tell.

Comments