Another big week!

This was one of those weeks that passed quickly, but with Hyrum it seemed like Monday was forever ago.  We started off the week with a growth spurt.  For sure, I know his head is bigger.  We were giving him a bath and it just looked bigger.  His hairline is also different now.  He is sporting a mullet in the back!  Along with this growth spurt came other changes.  I went in to check on him because he woke up and I found him on his side.  I think it shocked him a little because he was wide awake.  I took him out to the family room to lay him down and he continued to roll up on his side.  I would try to push him back on his back and he would resist and try to stay on his side.  

This of course led to the most exciting thing...he rolled over.  He had fallen a few times from his stomach to his back already, but he rolled himself from his back to his stomach.  His head muscles continue to get stronger and I feel like any day he will hold his head steady, laugh, roll over and do everything else he has been hinting at...like sleeping through the night.

It was a hard week with sleeping.  He slept like a champ, but mama is so used to getting up with him that when he didn't wake up, mama woke up.  During his growth spurt, he slept for 12 hours.  That means he was awake just enough to let me know he was hungry twice, slept through two diaper changes, and a wardrobe change.  And you know that when you have one bad night of sleep it causes a ripple effect for the rest of the week with sleep.

In other news with Hyrum he has started to grab at objects and hold a steady gaze.  He has a soccer ball he likes to kick out of his swing, but this week he started touching and patting it.  We also discovered today that he likes the fake plants at church.  I started holding up some books for him to look at and he liked to look at the bright colors and touch the texture ones.  It is very interesting to see what catches his attention.

For Tim and I, our weeks were much more boring.  We are officially checked out of our last apartment.  We had workmen in and out all week fixing things and I finished unpacking the last of the kitchen boxes.  I have yet to do any "decorating," not that it will be anything fancy.  Work was slow for me.  I finished up a couple of projects and will be doing a couple more this coming week from home.  Tim has been studying and using the student gym.  Now that we are close he can use it, which makes him very happy.

Next week will be busy for us as we are heading to Kansas for a family medicine conference.  Tim's school is going to pay for it, so I am going to tag along and visit family.  It should be a fun filled week!

Comments