Final Week of Freedom!

This was our last week of "freedom."  Today is the first day of Year 2 for Tim.  I don't know about Tim, but I feel like we are almost done...even though we have three more years.  I think back to college and freshman year seemed to last forever and was awesome.  Next thing I knew, I was graduating. 

I think Tim is ready for school to start.  He is a little worried about how to balance everything.  Last year we didn't have a fun baby around the house to play with.  Speaking of the fun baby, since most of the med student families have returned we have had a chance to compare babies and Hyrum is a giant.  He fell asleep in his swing the other night and I realized he is almost too big for the swing.  Gone are the days where he was swallowed up in the swing.  I went back and found a picture to compare and he is HUGE!


The picture on the left is of when he was about 3 weeks old.  A few things to notice.  The big one is how long he is.  When he stretches his legs they almost hang off.  The next thing is his head.  Just looking at his head...oh man.  Lastly, his hair.  I had forgotten how much hair he had when he was born.  I thought he was going to have a full head like me, but that isn't the case.  His hair doesn't grow as fast as his head.  His hair is starting to come in thicker, so it's getting there, we just have to be patient.  He still doesn't have much fat on him, but he has chunked out a bit.



Tim got back on Monday from Utah.  His brother was successfully married and everyone was able to have a nice visit.  He spent the rest of the week working on the final things he wanted to complete before school starting.  One of those was compiling a list of possible places for residency.  I took that list and ran with it.  I spent several hours weeding out places based on location and size.  Tim's job is to take the next year or two researching schools here and there to see which ones might interest him.

Things are starting to gear up for me.  The summer has been very slow, but I am grateful for the slow pace, because it made transitioning into motherhood easier.  We will hopefully get our caseloads in the next couple of weeks and be able to reach out and talk with our new teachers.  I am ready for things to get going.

On Saturday we had a gathering of med students.  We did a pancake brunch and then went swimming.  I forgot my phone, so I didn't get any pictures, which was so sad because it was Hyrum's first time swimming.  He loves the bath and is always splashing, but I am not sure he really understood the pool.  He was chilling and having fun, but we didn't really get a rise out of him.  He was probably more distracted by the outside than the water.  He loves being outside.  When he is crying all we have to do is take him outside and he stops.  Hopefully we will get another chance soon.

Sunday we had an investigator over.  We have known him for about a year.  He and Tim are good friends.  We had a good time eating crepes and playing with Hyrum.

Here's to another year of medical school!

Comments