On the Move!

It was a big week in the Zimmerman house.  Hyrum rolled over!  He had done it several times before, but with great effort.  I put him on his back to play and went to fix dinner and when I went to check on him he was on his stomach.  It was all down hill from there.  Just about any time I put him on his back he would roll over...including bedtime.  I went in the other day and found him awake on his stomach having rolled on his stomach and making a quarter turn.  

I also noticed this week that his hair is thickening up!  I looked at his head this week and realized that it was sticking up.  Up until that time it was thin enough that it would lay flat.  You can kind of see the mullet.  It has thinned out bit and the rest of his hair is catching up.  I am strangely sad to see it go!

As usual, our lives revolve around Hyrum.  Let me tell you...adulting is less fun!  Both Tim and I did school and work.  Some days were better than others.  Tim is studying hard and trying to find the balance of needing to understand the material for his current classes and adding the STEP exam in the Summer.  I am working and trying to navigate some tricky situations placed on all the coaches.  It has definitely been a learning experience.  

Our weekend was busy once again.  Tim left the house early to go and study and I did the normal cleaning and prepping for the week.  Hyrum and I went to run some errands and then to help set up for an activity at our ward building.  We took the scenic route to pick up Tim because the driver (who shall not be named) drove right past the school without even realizing it...oops!

Sunday started at 5 a.m.  Sundays have become harder than week days because we have to be out the door at 6:45.  Tim has early morning meetings and since we are a one car family...we all go together.  While Tim was in his meeting I was trying to get Hyrum to sleep.  He managed a short nap before eating and then to church.  After sacrament meeting he and Tim slip away for the next two hours, so I can be with the big kids.  They are practicing for the Primary program, so it is a crazy time to be put into the Primary.  It is a steep learning curve, but it is nice to be with kids again.

After church today, we had a baptism.  I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and I was told it sounded good, so I guess it went well.  The young man will be joining us in Primary.  Tim conducted the baptism.  It was his first since being the Ward Mission leader.  He did well, and he had Hyrum the whole time.

This evening Tim made dessert.  He gets very creative.  It was very tasty, but not healthy at all.  Below is a pictures of his master creation.  


That is about all from us...just hoping the weather cools down soon!


Comments