Another testing week!

It was another busy week for us.  I was on my way home from getting Hyrum on Thursday and I realized that the next day was Friday.  Tim had exams all week.  He did well on each of them.  This coming week he will have more exams.  This set will be the last until just before Christmas.  He has been getting to campus earlier so he can get in a couple more hours of study time.  We don't see much of him during exam weeks because he is pretty focused on reviewing and preparing.  Hyrum and I just do our thing in the evenings.

I spent the week getting things set up with my teachers.  The phone and I are getting to know one another well.  I was also able to go to the temple on Saturday.  Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman went with their helping with a youth temple trip.  Grandma Zimmerman graciously agreed to watch Hyrum for a couple of hours.  It was a wonderful experience to be in the temple.  I do miss not being able to go every week.  It had been almost six months since I have been and I left feeling nourished and ready to take life on again.

Hyrum is continuing to grow.  He never spends much time on his back these days.  He rolled over in the tub for the first time and on our bed.  He didn't quite know what to day in the tub, because he couldn't splash like he normally does.  He did start turning himself on his stomach.  He is getting stronger at sitting.  H will support himself for a minute or so and then fall over.  He is experimenting with different pitches and noise levels with his voice.  My personal favorite is he has started sleeping through until 5 am at least twice a week.  The other five days are a different story...but we won't go there.

On a sadder note, it is with great heartache that I announce the official passing of the "mullet."  His hair has grown out enough on the edges or fallen out that you can no longer see the mullet.  It will be missed dearly!


Church is difficult.  My heart goes out to all those moms that are trying to feel the spirit while helping their kids.  I only have one and most Sundays I wonder why I even try.  Hyrum gets very distracted and if there is someone talking, singing, moving, or just action in general he prefers to watch.  So, basically all three hours of church.  We had a tender mercy this week.  I was able to get Hyrum to sleep for at least 30 minutes.  Usually, he is awake for the whole time.  He looked kind of funny, but he was asleep.

The weather has been really nice.  The mornings have a chill and by the afternoon it is lovely!  We went on a little walk after church to a local park.  We tried to take a picture with all of us, but babies are hard.  He liked to look at anything, but the camera.  Case and point...



Bam!  Got it!  Now if we could get him to smile and it would be perfect.
 Tim took this one of him.  His hair is hilarious.  It sticks up on end.  One day mom will be able to style it.  I also think his eyebrows are great!  They are so dark and his hair isn't!  But, those eyes get me every time.  They are SO BLUE!

Sunday evening I had a primary meeting.  I ended up missing one of his feedings.  Tim usually doesn't have to worry about bottles, because I am there to nurse.  I texted to see how things were going because Hyrum tends to go from 0 to grouch in a matter of minutes if he isn't fed.  The text I received was, "I'm on Facebook."  I was really confused until I saw this...


Hyrum doesn't get much practice at home with the bottle and I didn't even know he could do it by himself.  Tim said he did just fine with it and didn't spill at all.  Tim described the experience by saying, "Apparently I wasn't doing a good enough job and was fired!"  Oh dear.

We will have lots of pictures next week, because we are taking a family day on Saturday, because Tim doesn't have any material to study!  Whoot!!  Until then.

Comments