They grow up so fast!

It was another busy week for us.  Tim continues to study hard.  He has been waking up early and leaving for campus around 6 am.  He likes getting there early, because it is quiet and he focuses much better and accomplishes more.  UT is in the middle of interviewing future students.  Tim signed up to help with their tours, so he was able to talk with prospective students.  He enjoys talking with students and answering their questions.  Mainly I think he is just super happy to not be in their position!

I am finally getting over my cold...I think.  The last time I thought I was getting better I got sick again, so here is hoping.  Work was work, not much excitement.  Weekends are usually busier for me.  I recently started a new routine where I break up household chores throughout the week, so I have less to do on Saturdays.  It's working out okay, but I don't feel like weekends are any slower.  Perhaps that is just the new norm...darn!

There was a BYU student who came to interview.  He came over on Friday and had dinner with us.  It is helpful for BYU students with families to spend time with other med student families to get a sense of what it will be like.  Picking up and going to medical school gets increasingly difficult with a family.  There are other concerns to consider.  We hope it was helpful for him.  He seems like he would be a good addition to the school.  We also invited another student over for dinner with us.  It had been a while since we have had dinner guests, but it was fun.  And I didn't burn dinner, so that was an added bonus.

Hyrum continues to wake up in the middle of the night.  Earlier this week we were done to once a night, but I think he is going through yet another growth spurt because he woke up crying and hungry twice last night and he needed an extra feeding before bed.  We where getting him dressed this morning in 12 month clothes and it won't be long before he is out of those.  We are definitely going to need to go shopping for him and soon! 

He has learned how to roll to his left.  He still prefers his right, but when he really needs to he will roll to his left.  He is getting better with sitting and turning on his stomach.  He doesn't seem to be interested in crawling at the moment.  Tim and I noticed this week that his way of getting around is by rolling and spinning.  He can get from one side of the room to the other, just in a very round about way.  Hopefully, it isn't a foreshadowing of things to come.  He has been doing voice experimentation.  He loves to go really high.  Sometimes his voice gives out and his voice drops back down.  It is really funny!

He will be turning 6 months this coming week.  And Tim and I are very proud that we have kept Hyrum alive and for that matter we are still alive.  But, I tell you what, first it's six months and then they are leaving for a mission.  We took these pictures yesterday he looks like a little man.  

Look at me now!

Okay...I think I am done sitting.

No more pictures please!

 Here's to another week with hopefully a little more sleep!

Comments