Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving...a little early.  We are very excited at our house for a little break and to celebrate all the things we are thankful for...like good health!  I have a lingering cough, but I would say as a whole we are finally healthy and teeth are no longer causing pain.

Tim signed up for his Step exam this summer.  It is crazy to think it is already time for it...well almost.  He will take it at the end of June, but he will be in hospitals shortly after that, which means we are close to being done!  Well, two years close.  A girl can dream!

Work is work for me.  I just do my thing and then come home most days.  There isn't much of interest to report.  Things are always slower for me during the holiday season with the teachers.  They are so busy with school activities that they do not have much time for coaching.  The new year we will kick it up a notch and things will get busier.  I am ready for a break and sleep.  I will only work on Monday and Tuesday.  Wednesday I am going to take off to do some Thanksgiving food preparation before the big day.  We are going to Dallas to spend it with Tim's family.  It should be an adventure, because we have never been to Dallas, except in driving through.

Now let's talk Hyrum...where to begin.  I think we can describe him this week as the great explorer.  His crawling has given him new adventures, some I wish he would not take.  He found the kitchen, closets and the bathroom this week.  He usually spends his time in the front room and only goes into a room if we take him.

Up to this week he has only come to the edge of kitchen and slapped on the floor, which is his favorite thing.  He will slap floors, toys, water, his tummy, he just likes to hear the noise.  This week he pulled himself into the kitchen and as soon as he saw the red rug he pulled himself to it and started slapping it and he may have licked it....no comment.  That was really the start of it.  Once he realized he didn't have to stay in the front room he crawled into his room, our room, bathrooms and anywhere he saw something that was interesting.


I have had to be on my game this week, because when it gets quiet he is in something he shouldn't be.  His new favorites are my shoes in the front room, the vacuum in his closet, all plastic bags, and my least favorite the toilet bowl brush.  Lesson learned...always take baby with you!

We also tried a box ride.  He wasn't quite sure what to think of it, but mom and dad enjoyed it.  He is also expanding his vocabulary.  We are starting to hear the /g/ and /r/ sounds.  I am still waiting for the /m/, one day!

 That is all from us.  The weeks pass quickly and time is ever slipping away.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with all the things they are most thankful for!

Comments