On the mend...finally!

It was a hard start to the week, but it improved with each day.  By Tuesday Hyrum was sleeping in his own bed on a normal routine.  He still has the remains of a cough, but it doesn't bother him and each day it gets better.  Now Tim and I just need to get better.  But, I will take one of us being sick over Hyrum any day!

Tim continues to study hard.  The year is coming to an end soon, which means he will have finals.  They are just a couple of weeks away.  He still feels this year has been much easier than last year.  I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea of him starting rotations in six months.  He played some racquetball this week and helped one of the families he visits to move.

My routine was the same as always.  I did some visiting teaching on Saturday.  They just changed our lists, so I was able to meet a new sister.  Being in the Primary means that I don't get to meet many new people...not that I get that chance any way.  I also had a Primary meeting on Sunday, which always eats up what little time we have after church.

Tim kept Hyrum home with him and they went on a walk.  He sent this to me during my meeting...very distracting.  If you look close you can see his tooth.  This is the first photo we have been able to get of it.  Usually, his tongue is in the way.

Speaking of teeth, we noticed that he has another one coming in on the bottom.  We can see the line under the gum, but it hasn't started coming up.  We will probably have a hard couple of days like we did with the last tooth.  Maybe by Christmas we will have two teeth all the way through.  

Other achievements this week include long distance crawling, more consonants, and starting to self-sooth at night.  The last one is my particular favorite.  For most of the week, he would only crawl a couple of feet, but get tired and then stop.  Saturday that all changed.  He was all over the front room.  Once he saw something he wanted he would pull himself until he was there.  His favorite things are my red water bottle, the shoes, and any cord.  We have officially entered the "it's too quiet" stage.  Several times he stopped chattering and I immediately thought it was too quiet and went to check on him to find he was in something that he probably shouldn't be in.  

He has added the /b/ sound to the /d/ and /g/.  It is interesting to hear the sounds come out as he is talking.  Along with the talking is the soothing.  Several times this week we have been able to get him back to sleep without much of a fuss.  We haven't previously been able to do this if he woke up crying.  Now we just need to get him to stop eating a night and then we will really be set!  I keep crossing my fingers that it will come, but we are still eating at least once in the night.  He has moved into his 9-12 month clothes, but many of those are getting a little snug for him.  He needs to stop growing long enough to sleep! 

Until next week!

Comments